Disconnecting from game when alt-tabbing

• Is this still a thing?
    I found on google topics from a few years ago but they were deleted.

How can I prevent this from happening in full screen? The whole "Run in the background" option is now available in settings.
    Win11 last version.

alt text

Views
  • @kzoid Ahoy matey!

I would check that Sea of Thieves is allowed to run as a background app using the help below. That should prevent you from disconnecting when the app moves to the background.

• A good friend of mine had the same problem. He fixed it by changing the Display Mode to Fullscreen instead of Windowed.

• @musicmee Sorry for the typo. I meant:
    The whole "Run in the background" option is NOT available in settings.
    I have other options but nothing related to run in background. Not sure if it's a Windows update or something is different with my version.

Could you confirm you have Apps & features under Apps?

• try opening task manager, go to ''details'' tab on the top and scroll down until you see sea of thieves.

Right click on Sea of Thieves and run the game on ''high priority''.
    See if that helps.

• @musicmee said in Disconnecting from game when alt-tabbing:

@kzoid Ahoy matey!

I would check that Sea of Thieves is allowed to run as a background app using the help below. That should prevent you from disconnecting when the app moves to the background.

This is the fix, I made a post for this on the forums with a how to here: https://www.seaofthieves.com/community/forums/topic/151474/disconnection-on-game-minimise-fix/1

• I found out the issue. I've used WinaeroTweaker in the past to, well, tweak Windows...
    I left an option marked: Don't allow apps to run in background.
    What happened is that this options disappeared from Windows Settings at all. Not that I couldn't select or change, it just disappeared.

After changing it back in Winaero I was able to see the option in Windows Settings.

• @kzoid said in Disconnecting from game when alt-tabbing:

I found out the issue. I've used WinaeroTweaker in the past to, well, tweak Windows...
    What happened is that this options disappeared from Windows Settings at all. Not that I couldn't select or change, it just disappeared.

After changing it back in Winaero I was able to see the option in Windows Settings.

Such programs can be detrimental if a setting goes awry, luckily you figured it out.

• @kzoid said in Disconnecting from game when alt-tabbing:

I found out the issue. I've used WinaeroTweaker in the past to, well, tweak Windows...

You are amazing! I was just done telling someone that I have suffered this issue across many different pc builds. Considering I run WinearoTweaker after every install that explains the issue.
    Thanks

Views
1 out of 9