Like Hunting Skeleton Ships?

• Something is "stuck" on the east shore of Reapers Hideout, every time I sail there is triggers a Skeleton ship to the north-northeast about a mile.

Enjoy? :)

Views
  • Probably for the anniversary challenge...

• @foambreaker said in Like Hunting Skeleton Ships?:

Something is "stuck" on the east shore of Reapers Hideout, every time I sail there is triggers a Skeleton ship to the north-northeast about a mile.

Enjoy? :)

Bro what, invite me.

• It has been happening since S8 I think, sail on over :)

• the fleet boundary expanded lol

It has been happening since S8 I think, sail on over :)

Huh. Neat. Ancient Spire fml...

• I'm confused what you mean? The fleet world event boundary was quietly expanded. A ship will always spawn on you in the fleet boundary when you cross it and the N-NE is one area it is located.

When you say something is stuck, do you mean you hit something invisible that is close to the Sea Dog Tavern? Because there is indeed an invisible wall there.

• @abjectarity said in Like Hunting Skeleton Ships?:

I'm confused what you mean? The fleet world event boundary was quietly expanded. A ship will always spawn on you in the fleet boundary when you cross it and the N-NE is one area it is located.

When you say something is stuck, do you mean you hit something invisible that is close to the Sea Dog Tavern? Because there is indeed an invisible wall there.

I think I've hit that, actually.

I'm confused what you mean? The fleet world event boundary was quietly expanded. A ship will always spawn on you in the fleet boundary when you cross it and the N-NE is one area it is located.

After a little more testing I can see that if you sail up to the east shore of Reapers, flying a Reapers Emissary flag AND carrying a Reapers Chest, "The Battle of the Sea of Thieves" is triggered and a Skeleton Ship spawns.

Some kind of skunk works me thinks.

I think that should happen whenever anyone flying an Athena emissary flag and carrying loot arrives at an outpost.

Fair is Fair?

@abjectarity said in Like Hunting Skeleton Ships?:

After a little more testing I can see that if you sail up to the east shore of Reapers, flying a Reapers Emissary flag AND carrying a Reapers Chest, "The Battle of the Sea of Thieves" is triggered and a Skeleton Ship spawns.

I think that should happen whenever anyone flying an Athena emissary flag and carrying loot arrives at an outpost.

Fair is Fair?

That is the Skeleton Fleet World Event. It isn’t black magic hehe. https://seaofthieves.wiki.gg/wiki/Skeleton_Fleet

Though being able to trigger things through circumstances would be fun.

@foambreaker said in Like Hunting Skeleton Ships?:

@abjectarity said in Like Hunting Skeleton Ships?:

Fair is Fair?

That is the Skeleton Fleet World Event. It isn’t black magic hehe. https://seaofthieves.wiki.gg/wiki/Skeleton_Fleet

Though being able to trigger things through circumstances would be fun.

Right but it is not supposed to trigger at the exact same spot under the same conditions over and over. I have seen it happen at least 10 times.

• @foambreaker it is if the world event is active. You don’t even need a flag or chest. You just need to sail into the area if the fleet is the current world event. They will spawn on you. It is how that world event works.

@foambreaker it is if the world event is active. You don’t even need a flag or chest. You just need to sail into the area if the fleet is the current world event. They will spawn on you. It is how that world event works.

It happens no matter what event is active or where it is active.

• @foambreaker that’s odd then. If there’s an ashen winds up and it is still happening then it is a bug. “The battle for the Sea of Thieves” is the banner that pops up when the fleet is activated. So I’d report it if you are positive it isn’t the fleet world event.

• Yah this sounds like the fleet. Dang you got me out here looking for a wild spawn spot.

bonk

Views
1 out of 15