Ebay offering twitch drops

• I was wondering, I had a few friends who bought the OREO sails on ebay, for a few cents. I wanted to give it a look, altouhg I aldready had those sails, and I saw people selling for around 60-100 bucks some twitcha ccounts with alot of drops, such as Obsidian, Guilded, etc...
    It does really look amazing, but too good to be safe... Is this banneable? I know I could be tempted

Views
  • some of it doesn't even have codes afaik

either a scam in the making or they are selling alts with cosmetics which violates ToS

the oreo ones have codes, people likely have a lot of them hoarded because of the design of the promo, I wouldn't pay for them

there were cheats that people were using to unlock cosmetics in the game so on top of ToS transaction violations some of what you see on ebay is probably flagged.

pretty sure gilded weapons were post-code era and those are still pretty rare so that's a super duper risk on those ones.

• Won't codes not work anymore for the past things? That's why they know activate directly to the account now?

• @personalc0ffee said in Ebay offering twitch drops:

Won't codes not work anymore for the past things? That's why they know activate directly to the account now?

I would assume old codes would work if there isn't an expiration on them

The new system is to keep the exchange more under control. With codes all sorts of shady stuff happens on rare items I don't see how it would kill off old codes though.

• @personalc0ffee the actual way now is to sell logs of Twitch accounts, and you basically link your twitch to your acc

• @wolfmanbush the way now si to sell twitch accounts with alot of drops received but not activated, they sell the logs,then you connect your acc to the twitch acc, and tada

• @patateverte9172 said in Ebay offering twitch drops:

@wolfmanbush the way now si to sell twitch accounts with alot of drops received but not activated, they sell the logs,then you connect your acc to the twitch acc, and tada

still a violation of tos which puts anything purchased and all accounts involved at risk

• @wolfmanbush said in Ebay offering twitch drops:

@personalc0ffee said in Ebay offering twitch drops:

Won't codes not work anymore for the past things? That's why they know activate directly to the account now?

I would assume old codes would work if there isn't an expiration on them

The new system is to keep the exchange more under control. With codes all sorts of shady stuff happens on rare items I don't see how it would kill off old codes though.

They would have to deactivate them, which they should. To heck with those item squatters.

• @wolfmanbush

I wonder if the old Xbox 360 Banshee Avatar Item code still works.

I wonder if I can find that email lol.

• @pithyrumble said in Ebay offering twitch drops:

@wolfmanbush

I wonder if the old Xbox 360 Banshee Avatar Item code still works.

I wonder if I can find that email lol.

I miss the days before hoarding/collecting for online business

finding some little personal ad in the paper for some extremely rare item and making a road trip out of it into some small town to go pick something up from someone that was cleaning out one thing or another and found the item.

Views
1 out of 10