Sunk and loot despawned way too quickly

• I was doing solo galleon, a skelleton galleon spawned on me as I was heading to repear's and that went about as well as you can expect. I get one balled, ship hasn't sunk. takes longer then normal to respawn after leaving the ferry. I come back to a new ship in plunder valley, not far at all from where I died and sunk so not a major issue. However, I get to where I last was and no loot, no birds, no barrels. I had wind at my back from plunder valley and full sail so it didn't take even 5 minutes from when I died to when I got back, but nothing. and I know my boat didn't sail much further while I was waiting to respawn since I had front and mid sails all up and back sail not with the wind, but I still didn't see any sign of where I sunk. What gives with that?

Views
  • Soloing a galleon? That must be difficult. 😱

• @pumpa-cat very much so, you're pretty much guaranteed sunk if you get attacked by skeleton galleon or kraken, a row boat is a must. and unless you have DA sails, visibility is abysmal from the helm at full sail

• Non merchant loot is supposed to sink in open water in around 5 minutes is my understanding. Merchant takes longer for some reason.

It isn't really clear the rules on loot sinking, unfortunately.

Your loot was probably still there, just the birds were not showing up.

Why were you soloing a gally?

• @personalc0ffee I'm confident I got there quick enough, last time I was in that situation I sailed from further in a sloop and found my stuff. Disheartening to lose it for that reason.

Honestly for the lols, I've done it a few times when the mood strikes me, even have a captained galleon specifically for it. I tried queueing for pvp even, but I never found a match

• @needsmorexs

You probably had to match against another solo galley and that's why it couldn't match you.

Views
1 out of 6