I can’t see the real names of captained ships!

• Hi!

Since the release of season 8, I’m not able to see the real captained ship names but only the replaced ones as like I have my replace ship name tags on.

However, in the HUD settings the option is on off. I’ve tried multiple times to put it on and off again without success.

Any clue? I’m on Xbox series X.

GaeZoso

Views
  • Do you see your own ship name correctly?

• @pumpa-cat

It’s intermittent. Mine was incorrect this afternoon as well as the other ones.

• I’m on XsX too, but I’ve not had any trouble with ship names, so far as I am aware.

• Having the same problem, on PC here.

• @gaezoso said in I can’t see the real names of captained ships!:

Hi!

Since the release of season 8, I’m not able to see the real captained ship names but only the replaced ones as like I have my replace ship name tags on.

However, in the HUD settings the option is on off. I’ve tried multiple times to put it on and off again without success.

GaeZoso

From the patchnotes

Disabling user-generated content from the Xbox settings should now replace other crews’ ship names.

• @lem0n-curry ha detto in I can’t see the real names of captained ships!:

@gaezoso said in I can’t see the real names of captained ships!:

Hi!

GaeZoso

From the patchnotes

Disabling user-generated content from the Xbox settings should now replace other crews’ ship names.

I know but it seems like everything is enabled and I still can’t see names.

To a more exact extent, what’s happening is that when I log in the game the names are correct. After about 15 minutes they hide by themselves without me changing any setting…

• @gaezoso said in I can’t see the real names of captained ships!:

@lem0n-curry ha detto in I can’t see the real names of captained ships!:

@gaezoso said in I can’t see the real names of captained ships!:

Hi!

GaeZoso

From the patchnotes

I know but it seems like everything is enabled and I still can’t see names.

To a more exact extent, what’s happening is that when I log in the game the names are correct. After about 15 minutes they hide by themselves without me changing any setting…

Do you have a keybind for any of the HUD options that you may activate accidentally ?

• My friend, PC, is also having the same issue. She has the exact same PC settings as I do but still can't see the real pet, ship or pirate names. It's been like it for a while now too.

• @pixel-the-hero

That’s very strange.
    I’m actually thinking about uninstalling and then downloading the game again to see if it solves the issue.

• As mentioned before under your profile's privacy settings you should enable other users' generated content.

• @metal-ravage

Hi metal! They’re actually enabled. I’m so confused.

• I have this issue as well. Uninstalling and reinstalling the game did not resolve the issue.

• I have also had this problem intermittently since S8

• @the-capn2790

Logging into Xbox.com, going to My Microsoft Account, Privacy, Privacy settings in our products and the Xbox.

The section below was set to 'Block' for my freind. Changing it to 'Everyone' fixed the issue for my friend!

'You can see and upload community creations
    Decide whose community creations you want to see.

Blocking this may affect whether you can upload your own creations in some games.'

• Months have passed and we didn’t hear anything from the dev team…

Will we have any insight?

• @pixel-the-hero said in I can’t see the real names of captained ships!:

@the-capn2790

Logging into Xbox.com, going to My Microsoft Account, Privacy, Privacy settings in our products and the Xbox.

The section below was set to 'Block' for my freind. Changing it to 'Everyone' fixed the issue for my friend!

'You can see and upload community creations
    Decide whose community creations you want to see.

Blocking this may affect whether you can upload your own creations in some games.'

@GaeZoso check this

• @pithyrumble

Did everything possible…it just doesn’t work

• Update: so far even if the Dev Team is aware of the issue, we didn't see any fix and they didn't even announced the presence of the bug.

I noticed that if I mute other crews, the game mutes even my crewmates. Maybe the ship name's issue can also be related to this bug?

I really would love to hear from someone working @ Rare, it seems like they're completely ignoring us experiencing this problem...

Views
14 out of 19