Why was Stitcher Jim's Defeat so EASY?

• Stitcher being the Herald of the Flame and becoming an Ashen Lord, I noticed that during the battle, he was surprisingly weak, despite the volcanic rock spewing and the summoning of meteors, his defeat was far more easier and shorter than the other Ashen Lord battles. Even using his skeletal hands to do damage at pirates when attacking him closely was very weak as well. And what was more odd is that his Ashen Skull did not lay upon the ground after dying, does this mean he's actually DEAD and won't come back like the other lords?

Views
  • I have hopes he will be the first Ashen Lord of Devils roar

• Do you think a man like Ol' Jim is that physically strong? Why do you think he kept switching sides all those times? Why do you think he cowardly killed all of his crew mates, in cowardly ways? Why, do you think, he would follow the servants advice, instead of actually killing flameheart like he said he would? Truth is, Sticher Jim is more suited as a coward, or an assassin if you wanna be nice, and he's really not all that strong...both mentally and physically...wouldn't be surprised if become an Ashen Lord was when he experinced his first fight...good riddance. Hope he never comes back...stupid coward...don't know what flameheart saw in him in the first place...

• @realwebber69 said in Why was Stitcher Jim's Defeat so EASY?:

don't know what flameheart saw in him in the first place...

A useful tool ^^

• @zig-zag-ltu said in Why was Stitcher Jim's Defeat so EASY?:

@realwebber69 said in Why was Stitcher Jim's Defeat so EASY?:

don't know what flameheart saw in him in the first place...

A useful tool ^^

Yeah true. I'm surprised he actually listened to the Servant to be honest, and he wasn't like "haha i'm actually apart of the dark brethern now!!!"
    I mean that guy has no loyalty, the fact that no one on the reapers bones got poisoned or pushed of a cliff is a miricale...or at least...we don't know anyone that Sticher Jim betrayed in the reapers bones...you never know...there could've been a couple of scouts he just didn't like...

• @realwebber69 To be honest, SoT lore is not my strong point and I'm slowly getting into it. Especially now once I have all the factions almost maxed.
    Imo Jim becoming an ashen lord, probably let him feel powerful for the first time in his miserable life, and if he betrayed everyone, it would have been the end of him and If I had to guess, that power made him grateful towards the Reaper.

• @zig-zag-ltu to be honest, I feel sorry for the much more deserving members of the reapers bones that devotes their life to flameheart and would love to have the power of an ashen lord...only to get beaten by some coward who was literally about to kill Flameheart.
    It seems like Flameheart took a gamble with Stitcher Jim.
    And...it didn't really lead to much...all he got was some weakling that seemed to have died wayyy quicker than any of his other Ashen Lords.
    Plus, Stitcher Jim might've "borrowed" some stuff from Flameheart and the other members while he was there...

• @realwebber69 Perhaps that's what Flamenheart liked, someone who would dare to even think that. Others are devoted, better as you mentioned, so perhaps they have a different purpose. Stitcher Jim being the wild card maybe was a perfect fit for it in his book and he knew how it will end anyway. And who knows what's coming next? Maybe having everyone preoccupied with him, will get him enough time to pull off something grand and unexpected ^^

• Because its just Jim he wasn't the sharpest tool in the shed

• @impymidna2303 in the end dialogue/cutscene it is made clear that both flamhearts remains and stitcher jim was nowhere to be found, i feel like we havent seen the last of both of them yet

• @callmebackdraft said in Why was Stitcher Jim's Defeat so EASY?:

@impymidna2303 in the end dialogue/cutscene it is made clear that both flamhearts remains and stitcher jim was nowhere to be found, i feel like we havent seen the last of both of them yet

Yeah. Thanks Pendragon.

AGAIN...

• blessing in disguise considering how many people re-did it over and over trying to unlock the rewards lol

• @wolfmanbush somehow it appears ive missed the 2/3 journals, cant see myself doing it again just for that title, which honestly i cant even remember now...however (edgelord incoming) i remember going the extra mile to get - supreme fated slayer xD

• @callmebackdraft I legit thought when I heard Pendragon say that I thought he meant that both of their corpses were missing but listening to it again it’s possible he could be “alive” still.

• @callmebackdraft Ahh, guess that means that when Stitcher's skull didn't fall to the ground like the Ashen Lords, he merely vanished or turned to ashes, also, Flameheart's son was being all best buds with him, using him as a pawn just so he could serve and complete the prophecy of becoming the Herald of the Flame. Maybe his defeat served a greater purpose, and it was part of the Servant's plan all along? Much like the Gold Hoarder sacrificing himself for the Dark Brethren during chapter four of A Pirates Life.

• @impymidna2303 or maybe…the servant of the flame just thought Jim was really annoying and just wanted to get rid of him. Wouldn’t blame him, honestly.

• I think he was easily defeated because he was only a new Ashen Lord, who had still to develop his full powers. When fighting the other Ashen Lords at the Ashen Winds, you'll often hear lines to indicate that they were trained by Flameheart; training that Stitcher Jim lacked.

We may see him come back (I think the end of the Adventure hinted at it) and he will be a more formidable opponent.

Views
16 out of 17