What would be the best way to get an obsidian six pack? (excluding ebay)

• been playing for a little over 4 years with 2000+ hours and haven't been able to find a way to get this other than on ebay. i've entered tons of giveaways and contests with no luck. any tips on how to go about it?

Views
  • here on the forums with the capture a code competition

no gimmicks, no manipulation, all you gotta do is take a screenshot doing what you enjoy to do and hope for the best.

I've watched it along the way and it's on the up and up

the selections are unpredictable typically which works in your favor

the winners are all over the place which works in your favor

not super high numbers participating which works in your favor

current
    https://www.seaofthieves.com/community/forums/topic/152756/capture-a-code-unofficial-community-competition-your-best-rainy-day-screenshot

• @mintharp184509 said in What would be the best way to get an obsidian six pack? (excluding ebay):

Twitch is the easiest way for 6 pack. Find a SoT partner doing a giveaway.

Now if you want/need the capstan too I would say screenshot competition is the easiest way.

How do those twitch partner give aways work?

Is it like actual twitch drops where you receive a notification that you can claim it, or do you need to listen to what the streamer is talking and he would shout out your name and you would need to respond/contact him with your gamer tag or something similar?

• @mintharp184509

But would there be any notification from twitch itself?

I only watch them when actual drops are happening most of the time, and the way I go about it, is I enter the channel, I mute them, minimize the screen and go on about my day, after the drop is ready I claim and close it.

So is there any chance I already had a chance to get it but due to muting the streamer I lost it :D?

• For sure, Amazon prime gives me a free subscription once in a while so would certainly use that if I got it, would not spend a penny on twitch tho, there are a lot more valuable things to spend hard earned money on...like beer :D So if they would come around would be happy to share :D

I'll try your suggestion and see what happens.

• @zig-zag-ltu As I understand it Prime Gaming gives you a free Twitch sub every month. I just signed up for Twitch a couple weeks ago to lurk for drops, so can’t confirm from experience yet.

Edit: wow, just checked, some dude’s selling for $150-175 on eBay. That’s a lot of beer, even if you’re drinking the good stuff.

• @sn0kanon said in What would be the best way to get an obsidian six pack? (excluding ebay):

@zig-zag-ltu As I understand it Prime Gaming gives you a free Twitch sub every month. I just signed up for Twitch a couple weeks ago to lurk for drops, so can’t confirm from experience yet.

Yes it does, I just thought every 2 or 3 months, but then again I just subscribe to whichever streamer helps me to get those twitch drops, so have not really registered how often.

At the same time, keep an eye on Prime rewards, you will get drops for many different games and free games as well, once in a blue moon they give away Sea of Thieves skins too, have quite a few emporium items from it. However, the last one was quite some time ago, hopefully it will return.

• Watch one of the smaller Sea of Thieves partners on Twitch. They would love the support and when only around 60-100 viewers are the average. Your odds of winning are far higher than watching and entering a giveaway drawing when 1000+ people are entering. You will almost certainly still need to watch many streams and hours to get the 6 pack even then though. Just got to keep trying when you got time.

• As this thread was months old and revived today, it will now be locked.

A general reminder to all, please avoid reviving threads aged past 30 days, as it is considered a necro, and is against our Forum Rules.

Bumping Threads
    Bumping threads with content that is not providing additional information to the original post is not permitted. Resurrecting very old threads is also not permitted. A warning will be issued and the thread locked. Ignoring the warning will result in a temporary ban from the Forums and a final warning. If the action continues, a permanent ban from the Forums will be issued.

Views
1 out of 9