skelly fleets
    shrines
    treasuries
    sea forts
    ghost fleets
    legend of the veil

I probably missed a bunch

Views
  • You could very much do these in the main regions, where the REAL in-game threat emerges, PVP. 😱

The DR's appeal is supposed to be more difficult PvE which pays off the lack of people that want to attack in the DR anyways, but the earthquakes and volcanoes are very much embedded in the region's identity and difficulty. Taking them away makes that region no different than doing events and voyages in the Wilds.

• Other pvp players.

Kraken

Safe places

• @boeing7876500 Can you remove the Legend of the Veil from your list, since that also can take place in the Roar. ;-)
    Fletcher's Rest, Flintlock Peninsula, Ruby's Fall, Devil's Thirst and Ashen Reaches are all possible locations.

• @burnbacon said in List of things that aren't in the devil's roar:

Other pvp players.

Kraken

Safe places

No I have gotten krakened in the roar

• @super87ghost said in List of things that aren't in the devil's roar:

@boeing7876500 Can you remove the Legend of the Veil from your list, since that also can take place in the Roar. ;-)
    Fletcher's Rest, Flintlock Peninsula, Ruby's Fall, Devil's Thirst and Ashen Reaches are all possible locations.

Ashen loot?

• @burnbacon Krakens are in the Roar. I have even had one today ;-)

• @boeing7876500 said in List of things that aren't in the devil's roar:

Ashen winds

Unless the island was made dormant, this would be very impractical and an absolute pain.

skelly fleets

They used to have a chance to spawn in the Roar. I still think they should bring back the Ashen fleets specifically there.

shrines
    treasuries

There's likely a lore reason for this, given the Roar used to be covered by the Shroud until the Forsaken Shores update.

sea forts

Sea Forts were introduced as a way for inexperienced crews to do some quick and easy PvE. Having one in the Roar would defeat the purpose.

ghost fleets

I refer back to the Ashen Winds reasoning.

legend of the veil

Technically, modules from the LotV can occur in the Roar. There's one shipwreck that can spawn to the east of Fetcher's Rest, right between it and another volcano (which is super annoying). There are also some Roar maps for Sudds' quests.

I probably missed a bunch

You missed the storm and animals, those are the most obvious ones I can think of. But there are reasons for their absence.

• @realstyli I was talking about the ghost fleet voyage

@realstyli I was talking about the ghost fleet voyage

Yes, I know. So was I.

Krakens are in the Roar. I have even had one today ;-)

they can spawn just about everywhere

krakens can spawn a lot closer to islands/outposts/rocks than people often think they can so pretty much dang near everywhere can have one.

I've vanquished one pretty much everywhere including right on the edge of the red sea

can also get them/megs pretty darn close to the coral fortress up there at the top

@burnbacon Krakens are in the Roar. I have even had one today ;-)

Then you kids are lucky. Last I heard they removed it because players complain about being kraken and volcanoes

• Seems like you haven’t done many Veils, which would make sense because you seem relatively new to the game. But Legend of the Veil can and does spawn in the roar. Rare made sure that the location wasn’t neglected (like with most other things) when fleshing out the voyage.

• @ninja-naranja said in List of things that aren't in the devil's roar:

Seems like you haven’t done many Veils, which would make sense because you seem relatively new to the game. But Legend of the Veil can and does spawn in the roar. Rare made sure that the location wasn’t neglected (like with most other things) when fleshing out the voyage.

Ashen loot?

@ninja-naranja said in List of things that aren't in the devil's roar:

Seems like you haven’t done many Veils, which would make sense because you seem relatively new to the game. But Legend of the Veil can and does spawn in the roar. Rare made sure that the location wasn’t neglected (like with most other things) when fleshing out the voyage.

Ashen loot?

No its just regular athena loot if you are doing Veil quest in the devil's roar

• @semelweisreflex said in List of things that aren't in the devil's roar:

No its just regular athena loot if you are doing Veil quest in the devil's roar

Which makes it basically useless.

Ashen loot?

How about this, you get a tornado finale where the skele fleet in the Roar used to be, and instead of a Chest of Legends, you get an Ashen Captain's Chest.

Knowing how accessible and PvP-free the Roar is, the last thing it needs is a super fast way to get the Ashen Chest of Legends that no one is gonna be able to steal often. An Ashen Legend of the Veil would make this voyage not only the prime way to grind Athena's Fortune, but would also trivialize the point of doing voyages in the Devil's Roar, being more generally difficult ways to deal with the region's dangerous environment while putting you smack dab in the middle of it.

• Skeleton fleet has been permanently moved to the center of the map, so technically none of the regions have skelly fleets.

Ashen winds, while IMO should have stayed in the DR, have been let loose on the rest of the seas for lore reasons, so Flameheart could expand his power.

As for the rest of that, I do want it desperately, especially a shrine and a sea fort with more of the crystals embedded in the sides of the walls... It would be beautiful, I hope they update it soon.

• I would personally find the Roar even scarier if suddenly all of the volcanoes and earthquakes and other regional hazards suddenly went dormant at the start of a new Lore-based Adventure entitled The Calm before the Storm. 😅

• Or Rare could run an event called OG Roar and return the region to it's original condition. Watch the forum light up with complaints when the 100% accurate volcanos started sinking every ship within range!

(Also, I'd get to show off my hard-learned skill of weaving my ship past an active volcano again :)

• @boeing7876500 sagte in List of things that aren't in the devil's roar:

legend of the veil

This is wrong...start it near the roar and you have to go there too...even the last part

• @realstyli sagte in List of things that aren't in the devil's roar:

legend of the veil

Technically, modules from the LotV can occur in the Roar. There's one shipwreck that can spawn to the east of Fletcher's Rest, right between it and another volcano (which is super annoying). There are also some Roar maps for Sudds' quests.

The shipwreck just looks like it's too close to the volcano...it doesn't hit you, tried this already, you are safe there...even if both are active (island volcano in the west and the one in the east)

• @schwammlgott

I thought so too until a few days ago when my ship got annihilated at that wreck

• @realstyli maybe it's just a few meters that matter...

• @schwammlgott said in List of things that aren't in the devil's roar:

@realstyli maybe it's just a few meters that matter...

The rocks were actually hitting the wreck. It could be that when they removed the wrecks, that safe zone was removed. But they forgot to re-add it with the wrecks. Or it's a bug. Whatever the reason, you are not guaranteed to be safe at that location.

• @realstyli I will see the next time...when my ship sinks 😅

• @schwammlgott said in List of things that aren't in the devil's roar:

@realstyli I will see the next time...when my ship sinks 😅

I got Roared at the Veil Shipwreck stage out there too. That's why I only start them on the west side of the map lol.

Views
1 out of 27