Loot disappearing after shipwreck graveyard fix in veil of ancients voyage

• Started up the veil of ancients voyage and proceeded to clear stage 1 (Belle), and stage 2 (shipwreck graveyard)
    I completed both stages and brought all loot onboard my ship,
    I then sailed to the nearest outpost where I slotted in the 2nd veil stone to initiate the third stage (fort fight)
    I saw the fort was on the other end of the map and cancelled my voyage.
    My loot which I had put on my boat from the shipwreck graveyard disappeared, but the loot I gained from Belle's quest remained on deck.

Possibly a bug or error from the fix which was implemented to stop people from abusing the shipwreck graveyard bug.

Views
  • @thesoulecho I would submit a ticket, but this might be the unfortunate result of them stopping people from being able to abuse the shipwreck again. It may turn out you need to sell before you cancel the voyage, possibly burying it might keep it in game? Definitely contact them though and hopefully it is just a little tweaking to be done.

• Thanks, silly question but how do i submit a ticket, checked the known issues but cant find a button for it.

• @thesoulecho said in Loot disappearing after shipwreck graveyard fix in veil of ancients voyage:

Thanks, silly question but how do i submit a ticket, checked the known issues but cant find a button for it.

it's a little inconspicuous but you go to the Support tab, go to Report a Player and scroll to the very bottom. Then you will see an icon that says "Still need help? Raise a support request" and that is what you click on. Here is the direct link to the form though, so you don't have to go through all that clicking this time https://support.seaofthieves.com/hc/en-gb/requests/new

• @abjectarity Thank you very much for your assistance with this, and have a great weekend :)

• Starting and cancelling Legend of the Veil Voyages should now ensure that treasure from Shipwreck Graveyards is removed from the world.

Seems to be a bug. Didn’t register the player touch

• I think thats the way they fixed it.when u dont clear the complete voyage and cancel it shipwreck loot will disappear.sure i dont know it, its just my guess

• @da-german420 said in Loot disappearing after shipwreck graveyard fix in veil of ancients voyage:

I think thats the way they fixed it.when u dont clear the complete voyage and cancel it shipwreck loot will disappear.sure i dont know it, its just my guess

The loot disappearing when its on board is a bug that is not supposed to happen, the fix was to ensure the wreck itself would disappear and not render with fresh loot in the world when farmed out whilst the old loot is still in the water untouched. Until this new issue is addressed it is best that folks hand in the loot they have before canceling the voyage at that stage if they don't need to run the last part of it and don't need the full completions.

As per the patch notes:

Starting and cancelling Legend of the Veil Voyages should now ensure that treasure from Shipwreck Graveyards is removed from the world.

• I observed the same issue:
    Got shipwreck first, lying map second. Then properly completing the voyage by getting the third veil stone. On the outpost (after completion), all loot from shipwreck was gone.
    So, yes, there seems to be a pattern to this, and it has nothing to do with cancelling the voyage.

(first we though we got stealth-boarded, but that really didn't make any sense as we were on the boat all the time, and also had much more valuable thangs than those which disappeared. So, in the end just shrugged it off as "weird whatever".)

Views
8 out of 9