Gold hoarder skull grind and shores of gold help

• Hi!
    So recently I've begun my journey to the shores of gold and especially-the gold curse!
    I was wondering if you earn the curse simply by completing the journey or is there a large amount of journals that you have to painstakingly track down??
    Also I realize dhow expensive the gold hoarder skull is and wondered if I could possibly stack the skulls using a checkpoint in the voyage?
    Tysm in advance!

Views
  • So you earn the curse by, as far as I know, completing all of the commendations for each of the Tall Tales (excluding the Pirate's Life Tall Tales). That would mean that for each Tall Tale you would need to find all of the journals, as well as complete each Tall Tale 5 times (although with checkpoints if you have a friend doing the same thing you only actually need to complete the last CHECKPOINT 5 times). Please anyone correct me if I'm wrong.

• @maximusarael020
    So to get one curse I have to do 45 tall tales

• @honeycrisp1 45 completions, correct. Don't have to do the progression commendations or reread the journals every single time, but you do have to do the completion task 5 times for each 9 tall tales. It's painful, but there are some tutorials on how to help it go faster if you do a quick google search.

• Rarethief.com has amazing journal and tale guides.

You could stack the gh skull. Not worth the effort unless you know someone with the checkpoint who's willing to pop in then leave each time you need to start it up.

You can also stack the medallions to make the 2nd, 3rd 4th runs quicker. Finish the puzzle and immediately go back in and do it again lol.

Views
1 out of 5