What is your Dream Patch?

• I'm very Curious as to the types of Fixes or Quality of Life Updates people of the Forums are after!

If you have a Dream patch, feel free to share it here, Discuss with other people and Upvote ones you also like!

Views
    feedbackgeneralquestioncommunityjust for fun
  • My Dream Patch:

• Update to the Infinite Pirate Generator with the ability to optionally select Gender/BMI/Skin Colour/Scaring/Hair Colour. This is because Rolling for a good pirate can often take Hours to find one you like, If you generally know what you want in terms of the attributes above, you could fine tune the Generator to drastically cut down search time.
    • Pirate Appearance saver: The game remembers your previous Pirate Appearances. When buying a Pirate Appearance Potion you could Select a ''Past Pirates'' Button to be able to restore a previous Pirate Appearance. This would mean that Players who love their pirate may still attempt to Experiment with other looks without the fear of losing their Pirate. I personally would love to try out new Appearances but would not simply to not forever lose my current look. This would also mean more Potion sales for Rare, so its a win-win.
    • Pirate Appearance selector: Players Start out with 1 Appearance they Choose upon starting the game. Players can buy Slots for new Appearances from the Emporium (Up to 5). On the Main Menu there would be a little dropdown bar in the corner that lets you choose with Appearance you want to play with. This is purely for looks, All Commendations, Cosmetics, and Captained Ships are accessible across all Appearances. Like above, this would allow players to try different Styles of Appearances, maybe to have both Male and Female Pirates. Chonks, Twigs, and Buff Pirates, etc.
    • Outfit saver: Similarly to saving Captained Ship Cosmetics. Players can Save their current Clothing set as a full Set they can name. When in the Cosmetics Chest there would be a new tab for Saved Costumes, and a player can swap to their custom Clothing sets instantly, instead of having to remember all their different sets and manually changing everything 1 by 1. Players would start with 3 by Default, maybe earn more through certain achievements such as hitting PL, and the ability to buy more in the Emporium.
    • Cosmetic Loadout swapper: This would allow you to select Multiple skins for a single Weapon, Equipment Item, or Custom Costume, and have the game randomly swap your Skin. You could have it Swap every Death, on every new lobby, or swap on a timer. This would be very beneficial for people like me with far too many cool skins and not want to constantly be manually swapping skins for everything all the time. I.e. if i could select 10 or so different Cutlass skins and have it swap on Death, I could make use of some of my favourites without the constant hassle of changing it in the Weapon box.
  • Yarr! The Day One Patch, on me bad eye.

• @ghostfire1981
    As in.. The ability to select which Eye to have the Eyepatch? And presumably the Hook?

• @frogfish12 said in What is your Dream Patch?:

@ghostfire1981
    As in.. The ability to select which Eye to have the Eyepatch? And presumably the Hook?

Erm, no more meant as a joke/pun. :)

EDIT: But yeah, changing those (hook hand and patch eye) would also be a good addition.

• At this point with this much experience and this much time put into the game they might as well just patch me in as an NPC and let me roam free and fully immersed.

...oh and I need a bow as well

• @frogfish12

• Clothing presets
    • Dark Adventurers Captaincy items
  • A blend of the Sovereign Hat and the Ghost Hat. So like the Sovereign hat with the Ghost color scheme and some floaty bits

• @capn-lucky5984 i think some more ghost themed sets would be very cool without them being full on Athena flashy.

Theres also so much unreleased clothing models and recolours they've shown off in promotional images. Wish they would finally give us some of this stuff they've been sitting on for years.

• @frogfish12 Yes! See? That’s exactly what I’m saying? The ghost set would do well to have various different sets! Ghost Bilge Rat, Ghost Sovereign, Ghost Admiral… wait a minute, maybe not that last one

• What I would call a "Dream Patch" would be an update centered around one of the core aspect of the game and this aspect would be "Exploration". And by exploration I mean islands interactibility.

Since the updates that brought the siren's shrine and the sea forts to the game I long for an update of the island where we would be able to interact with the props of the islands in the same way we can inside sea fortresses.
    Opening crate to see if there's a trinket inside. Triggering a pressure plate/lever that make a stone slab move and reveal a treasure chest behind it. That would make exploring more rewarding in a sense.
    Rare started putting more interactibility to islands with the season 5 that added traps, ladder, bridge and elevator to some islands (mainly Thieve's Haven).
    I feel the same way for the shipwrecks. Diving and exploring are my favorites activities of this game and when the Legend of the Veil get added to the game I fell in love with the shipwrecks graveyard due to its interactibily (opening wardrobe, cabinet, moving painting and carpets) and really wish for an update to the random shipwreck we can found in the sea.

• One that allows me to not have to redress my ship every time I log in.

• the 4 first things the frog fish mate said and when they rerelease the first halloween facepaints

• @ardyason It would be very cool if they added more in depth exploration on Islands. I also do agree that they should update normal shipwrecks to include all the interactable trinket spots from Shipwreck Graveyards. The Shipwreck Graveyard ships feel lived in, the Shipwreck ones do not. The fact there is floating wood and debris around the Graveyard makes it feel like it sank during a battle they struggled to survive in. The regular Shipwrecks are just sorta fully intact ships idly floating on the surface.

Also when it comes to small QoL. I really want them to add the abiltiy to sprint with the Lantern out. The point of the Lantern is to explore at night or in dark areas, but to do so you need to sacrifice your run speed. Most of the time we'll just sprint with it equipped in the darkness then stop for half a second, get a flash of light from the lantern to see generally where we are, then go back to running in the darkness. The ability to run with the Lantern OUT would just be so cool.

• @frogfish12

I get to equip all of my pets.
    Hitreg is fixed.
    Chain shots are removed.

• A patch with actually working servers.

• @pithyrumble oh wow multiple pets out at the same time would be... interesting.
    I can only imagine an alliance of 24 people with 3 or more pets out all at the same time.

• Probably something elaborate and gameplay based but I don't have time for that comment so I'll just say:

-Clothing presets
    Still can't believe this wasn't a day one option nough said

-Sail shape options
    Let me rip new sails, patch up ripped ones, make sails DA shape, etc.

DA sails are an undeniable quality of life item but I don't like being stuck to one design

• @sudsierboar5526 Yea I've seen a fair few suggestions for us to be able to alter the sail shape so that the V cut is not purely Dark Adventure locked. Would be a nice addition but also make regular sails Obsolete.

• My dream patch is pretty simple. Axes, 1 ship per server increase, and a few specific cosmetics finally being added.

• This might not be what your expecting but personally ghost pets, a ghost curse, and being able to see my characters legs when in game.Probably minor in the grand scheme of things but I’d love it.

• @equasi being able to see your legs would be kinda weird but i guess also a bit more immersing.

Though on that topic, We really need the ability to look straight down. We have the ability to look straight up which causes issues where in underwater fights, you physically cannot sword block the player attacking underneath you.

• @frogfish12 thats a good point. I’ve never been in that specific situation but it would be useful in the event that someone has gotten underneath you while in the water, I could see how not being able to attack someone directly underneath you could pose some problems.

• Put a slow on the red sea

Increase the speed of weapon switch animation so that its duration is 1 second. (matching the hard limit).

Use hitmarker colours and/pattern changes to indicate if a shot has registered

More in depth tutorials/solo practice modes against AI ships. Potentially with cannon trajectory indicator. Would help new players get up to speed.

General functionality for keyboard players, such as searching for cosmetics, entering numerical values for sensitivity sliders etc

• @frogfish12
    I'd actually would like to see if Rare could add more spaces on the sloop so we can show off more trophies or trinkets! (Maybe they could also find a way to add the Captain's chair, the chandelier, and the curtains onto the sloop as well)

This isn't necessarily a patch or Quality of Life update, but one of my other pipe dreams would be if Rare added Treasure Trove Cove as an island you could visit in-game!

• @wsurftvveeds With that first one I'm still curious as to what Rare's opinion is on the concept of Loot floating back into a playable area with birds above it when people Red Sea as to prevent people using it to remove loot from the server.

I don't overly see any downsides except people being able to use this to drive an enemy into the red sea for a free win without cannonballs. But i mean this is already possible by just ramming their boat into a rock. Likewise the amount of fights that take place near the red sea with neither party attempting to red sea is incredibly low.

• @lucky11 The biggest request I've seen post captaincy is that its really dumb there are no Trinket spots above deck for either ship type. Effectively you can only see its a Captained Ship once you go below deck. They could definitely add some on the railings or one single trinket on the Railing in front of the Helm that the Ships compass is on. That would be cool as you could have your favourite Trinket at your helms side always.

I've seen some concepts for reshuffling the interior Layout of the sloop in order to allow for a Captains Chair, it Definitely could work.

Effectively the Sloop could have a smaller Map and It would go where the current bed is. The size of the map doesn't at all matter as it would zoom in the exact same when you interact with it. This would allow the Captains Table and Chair to go where the Current Large Map is. And the Bed can go where the Current Voyage Table is.

• My Dream patch
    Where the game didn't need any future patch work. The big patch that fixed everything.

• @frogfish12

I have 8 so far 🐈🐈‍⬛🐈🐈🐕🐕🐒🦜

Not counting pocket pets 😁

Just imagine 🤩

• Hit reg being fixed 🙏
    And more Tall Tales. It’s been a bit since we’ve had one

• @frogfish12
    And then let us go the Runescape pirate route by having 2 eye patches, 2 hooks, and 2 peg legs all at the same time.

• @frogfish12 captaincy actually saving stuff and no baldie nakedness...

That's all

• My dream patch would be:

• A huge cosmetic dump with trinkets too
    • Three new regions - the Frozen Wilds north of Old Faithful and Marauder’s Arch, the Sea of Five Winds south of Discovery Ridge and Thieves Haven and the Sea of Sands, west of Crescent Isle and Sailor’s Bounty
    • Removing that wind feature that blows your ship off course (it may add realism, but I hate it)
    • Seeing Stitcher Jim return
  • Oh, and two more things:

• an option for friendly fire
    • 5 slots for different pirate appearances
Views
feedbackgeneralquestioncommunityjust for fun
1 out of 48