Game Crashing after just a few minutes

• So, I know there are articles out there discussing this. however, I have already tried everything I have read to try. first I will start by stating that I played successfully for a week, with a total of, if I had to guess, about 20 hours. this was through Xbox game pass, with the game installed on my PC. today, is when the issue started. after trying a few things, I decided to purchase on steam in hopes to fix the issue. however it also does it when I play through steam. here is what I have done so far, and also my PC specs:

Intel I9 9900k
    EVGA FTW3 3090
    32GB ram

In steam, I checked integrety of files.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game repeatedly. first was when I was still playing through game pass. I did uninstall again before I switched to steam. when I switched to steam, I installed to a different drive. at this point, it has been installed on both drives through steam, and on my main drive when through xbox.

I have turned (temporarily, just to find the issue) off my antivirus, as well as my firewall.

I disabled ipv6

I make sure my GPU drivers were up to date, as well as windows. steam is also up to date.

I then used IObit uninstaller to search and delete any left over install files for anything. and deleted them

I uninstalled everything Xbox on my PC.

I disabled any overclocking on my CPU (my GPU is not overclocked). I turned off the intel speedsomething or other in the bios as well (per some instructions online).

there were PC reboots between most of these attempts as well.

any ideas left? short of a complete windows reinstall and starting my PC over again, I am at a loss. clearly there is a file or something on my PC related to the game that is corrupt or something. but I cant for the life of me figure out what or were. it never gives me a reason for the crash. I have no issues with any other games. and again, I didnt have an issue with this game until today. but it has been all day. I have been dealing with this for almost 8 hours now.

Views
  • Try contacting microsoft support, if that doesn't work try asking helpers to refund the game and then get the Microsoft version.

Views
1 out of 2