Let Microsoft child account communicate

• Hello, i have been playing Sea of Thieves for a while now and has recently become Pirate legend, but during all my playtime, i had a communication issue where i could not talk to most people, ironic since it is the point of the game. I have recently understood that it was not because of a bug or a setting, but because i am 14 years old and, unlike 95% of kids on Xbox, i ACTUALLY have a child account. I could only speak to my crew, but there was always one of my friends who didn't hear me. That was because we were not actually friends on Xbox. One time, i was able to speak in game chat with someone from another crew. That was because i had friended him prior to speaking. My parents have no problem with me talking to strangers, are on my side and have also tried to figure it out, but i cannot make myself an adult account because my parents DO want to manage my screen time. This has caused me a lot of incidents with other players and allies in game. i can't use an alt because i have a lot of progress, other games, and pirate emporium things on my main one. Can my parents allow me to speak with others in family safety? Or can i become an adult account and still be managed? I would rather not use third party management software, because of the benefits of the original Microsoft one, but is it my only option? I play on PC.

Views
  • Your Parents will need to promote your account from a child account to adult, they can reach out to the Xbox support team for help doing this via Xbox.com while logged into your account, once promoted to adult account you will no longer have restrictions on your privacy settings.

• You should still be able to use the “Chat” function

• @farthestsun Thanks for replying! I still have a question though. Will my parents still be able to monitor me via microsoft family safety? They won’t accept if it is not the case.

• @astrius22 you can find further information here

Views
1 out of 5