Question about the Pirate Milestones, "The Captain"

• I was looking at the Pirate Milestones, and there is one category "The Captain". How does one level it up?

In my case it says i have one level/class in each of the ships. At level/class two it says 0/1 on all classes.
    So to be more specific, what is it that levels "The Captain" category? I have captained a brig several times, in different sessions, on different days. But that does not seem to level the "brig class/level", so it is clearly not how many times one is captain on a specific ship type. Is it tied to how many ships one owns (of the same type (sloop/brig/galleon))? Does one have to level up a ship to legendary, and buy a new one and then captain the new ship to level up "The Captain" in one category.
    Or is there simply a bug, or am i missing something here?

EDIT: I have been captain once on a sloop, once on a galleon, and 2-3 times on a brig, just to make it clear. So i understand the one level in each category/class. Its the level one in the brig class that confuses me.

Views
  • It counts ships you own and set sail in once.

You only own the brig? That's one. Buy a sloop, set sail. That's one, but for the sloop.

As you get your ships to legendary, you can buy another.

Or if you Dismantle your ship and buy a new one that'll be one. (Which is how I got the Fleet achievement btw)

It's ownership not sessions.

• @pithyrumble said in Question about the Pirate Milestones, "The Captain":

It counts ships you own and set sail in once.

You only own the brig? That's one. Buy a sloop, set sail. That's one, but for the sloop.

I own one of each ship.

As you get your ships to legendary, you can buy another.

Or if you Dismantle your ship and buy a new one that'll be one. (Which is how I got the Fleet achievement btw)

It's ownership not sessions.

I would have the gold to do that... but im not going to do that.

Anyway, your answer was one of my guesses. Well the instructions could be clearer in some of the milestones.

• @ghostfire1981

Yeah. I misread the ships you owned 😳😅🤣

• I have the same problem, I can't get the brigantines captained trinket even though I literally have own one

• @thefrostycowman said in Question about the Pirate Milestones, "The Captain":

I have the same problem, I can't get the brigantines captained trinket even though I literally have own one

Same here but for a Sloop. I own one and yet the milestone still says 0 and the Captained Sloop trinket is still locked.

• @vakrisone said in Question about the Pirate Milestones, "The Captain":

@thefrostycowman said in Question about the Pirate Milestones, "The Captain":

I have the same problem, I can't get the brigantines captained trinket even though I literally have own one

Same here but for a Sloop. I own one and yet the milestone still says 0 and the Captained Sloop trinket is still locked.

Yep, exact same thing here. I discovered these "The Captain" milestones while I was just exploring the menu, and it says I'm 0/1, class 0 for Sloops Captained...as I'm standing on my Captained sloop, which is the ship I've played on the most.

Views
1 out of 7