More server options

• Quite simply a feature to let us select server preferences;

Ship sizes galleon only server (dont give me the excuse that server can't handle it, SoT is no longer an "indie" game)

Language (putting me on a ship with people who don't speak my language is pointless)

Mic enabled quite simply let me actually speak to crews

Roleplay for players that actually want to be pirates and not salt farmers.

Views
  • People often Forget what makes this game so uniqe and special.

All types of players are thrown into the same server, creating player interaction that you cant see in any other game. Tools not rules after all. The lore, the music, loot are all there to make the game feel more lively.

So, No.

• @fretfulfiber809, More server options içinde yazdı:

@thorumsu The game is not unique in that way. Albion Online does that better, even, because it's literally thousands of players on the same server across the globe, being it only has the one server for PvPvE. The difference is the genre, in which players have plenty of other choices for multiplayer fantasy combat/gathering/crafting, and no other choice for multiplayer first person sailing than Sea of Thieves.

Albion does not have that lively and evolving world with lore accept it or not. The music is not as good too.

SOT is uniqe because it combines ALL of them.

• @fretfulfiber809, More server options içinde yazdı:

@thorumsu You're really stretching if music is the difference you want to bring up.

Clearly you are missing the point. Also...

Are you LIKE 500 NINJAS's brother?

Okay I am sorry but I had to make that joke.

Ignoring my whole comment and looking at one part while wanting private servers is a thing they would do.

However, Last time you argued with someone, You got the thread got locked because you brought the topic to wanting a single player mode. So I wont doom this post.

You can read more about the developers vision when a mod comes and locks this topic with the link to it when you continue the argument.

• @thorumsu said in More server options:

People often Forget what makes this game so uniqe and special.

All types of players are thrown into the same server, creating player interaction that you cant see in any other game. Tools not rules after all. The lore, the music, loot are all there to make the game feel more lively.

So, No.

Theres nothing unique about being put with or against players that don't talk at all or don't speak the same language.

• @thorumsu said in More server options:

@fretfulfiber809, More server options içinde yazdı:

@thorumsu You're really stretching if music is the difference you want to bring up.

Ignoring my whole comment and looking at one part while wanting private servers is a thing they would do.

However, Last time you argued with someone, You got the thread got locked because you brought the topic to wanting a single player mode. So I wont doom this post.

You can read more about the developers vision when a mod comes and locks this topic with the link to it when you continue the argument.

This post is neither about single player mode nor private servers... I simply want to filter my options for a more enjoyable session, nothing about PvE servers, it would be nice to have PvP in which players actually value their lives and their ship but SoT aint that kind of game thanks to the general public.
    I really don't see why being put with English speakers is such a challenge, if anything surely it might help server stability.

• @sailorkek, More server options içinde yazdı:

@thorumsu said in More server options:

@fretfulfiber809, More server options içinde yazdı:

This post is neither about single player mode nor private servers... I simply want to filter my options for a more enjoyable session, nothing about PvE servers, it would be nice to have PvP in which players actually value their lives and their ship but SoT aint that kind of game thanks to the general public.
    I really don't see why being put with English speakers is such a challenge, if anything surely it might help server stability.

I know it has nothing to do with it. I was not even talking to you. Was talking to the guy that can take a topic that has nothing to do with single-player to single player and get the post locked.

Did you even read the comment?

• @thorumsu all due respect. You're the one who brought it up this time. Not the other guy

• @fretfulfiber809 said in More server options:

While it would be stretching indeed, SoT music is amazingly immersive and it's probably my most listened playlist on spotify :p

Views
1 out of 9