New Season 7 Update Problems And Their Solutions

• Dear Developers,

Let me get straight to the point. There are some changes you guys need to change in this present update so that people get more interest in Sea of Thieves than other games.

Problem 1: Ship name – Ship name edits are costly
    Solution : Let me tell you simply no one is going to look at the ship naming plate except the ship owner; everybody is interested in PVP hence when someone boards enemy ship they will simply ignore the name plate. No one has time to find out what name you have engraved on your ship. So according to me ship name edits must be free and can be changed every time before setting sail. This name customization must be available at Shipwright along with other ship customization like sail colour, hull colour, etc.

Problem 2: Sovereign lift and harpoon –
    Solution : Sovereign lift and harpoons are useless basically, players know how to dock the ship so that they can unload cargo and sell fast . While sovereign stands near dock players can easily unload cargo from ship and directly sell to sovereign which I find a faster method than using a lift and a harpoon .

Problem 3 : What is the use of gold hoarder, Order Of Souls, Merchant ?
    Solution: If you can sell everything to the sovereign what is the use of other trading companies ? According to me Sovereign must get a different emissary and of course without that lift and harpoon.

Problem 4 : Shipwright supplies too easy to buy and resupply. For this let me give you an example, I was chasing a galleon which was out of supplies they had woods but not cannon balls and foods . In the middle of the fight they started sailing towards outpost. One of them got down and bought the supply instantly. As I was on a sloop I could not catch them in tail wind.
    Solution: To solve this each Captain ship can buy supply only for one time till their ship sinks. Until then they cannot buy supply from shipwright in any outpost.
    OR
    Shipwright supplies must be in crates so that the purchased supplies cannot get instantly transferred to ship barrels.

Problem 5 : Duo sloop’s mast must not get the ability to bear 2 chain balls. As a solo slooper when I hit enemy duo sloop’s mast I found one of them easily repairing the mast every time I hit. Hence their mast did not fall at all.
    Solution : If you are playing solo your sloop’s mast can get two chain balls hit to drop. But if you are duo the mast must fall down at one hit of chain ball.

Problem 6: Athena voyage quests can be found in shipwright shop then what is the use of pirate legend cave?
    Solution : Athena voyages must be given a respect and those voyages can only be purchased from pirate lord or anyone else in pirate cave. If this is not done I think the Pirate cave is totally useless as players will not get any interest to visit it just to meet some NPCs.

The above solutions are very much needed to bring interest in every player. I think developers of Sea Of Thieves must take a look at this very seriously.

Views
  • if you can sell everything to reapers whats the point of gold hoarder, order of souls and marchant? this whole update seems to be more aimed at solo gameplay so the sovereigns are just so solo players can actually manage to sell as fast as any reaper crew can at reaper outpost IMO.

though from what ive seen for milestones selling to the sovereign doesnt count toward the milestones for the trade companies. so that might just be a bug from this update being insanely untested. The sovereigns are just a perk to having spent so much money on a ship. If a ship has no captain no ones selling there which is another reason the old trade companies still have a purpose. Basically its like as a captain you just unlocked convivence

whats the use to the pirate legend cave? well you still gotta buy the cosmetics. before LoTV what was the purpose of the cave? i literally had not gone down for like 2 years before they introduce legend of the veil.

shipwright supplies... what firebombs and blunder bombs? you can buy everything else from the merchant in greater quantity for less money. this is a non issue. its meant more as a way to kick off a session faster rather than stocking your boat for 15 minutes just to be sunk before you can set sail

i agree with the ship renaming cost and even moreso with the ship crest cost. supposedly the reason for the ship naming cost is so people dont troll with their name by like renaming there ship like USERNAME SUKS HAHAHA I have no intention to rename my ship so im not testing this out but we named out ship off the main menu so if we renamed can you even rename it in a session? if not then i think thats a BS excuse on their part... not that its a good excuse in either case.

• Agree with everything you've said, it would make the game incredibly fun and balanced and exciting, but incredibly unlikely.

• Its a new world now... gonna have to adapt.

• @roborob-r66y

Reapers have a different island first of all and if anyone want to sell things faster in reapers hideout then dock on the south west side of the island generally most players who played this game for many years do that to sell fast and easily. Secondly reapers have different emissary and different environment which supports only PVP unlike other trading companies and which does not follow any pirate code.
    You are saying "update seems to be more aimed at solo game play so the sovereigns are just so solo players can actually manage to sell as fast as any reaper crew can at reaper outpost". Okay, is it really too fast when you sell at sovereign?

"The sovereigns are just a perk to having spent so much money on a ship"

These are just for new players. After some day they will stop caring about designs decorations whatever and they will tend to focus on pvp. I think most player in Sea of Thieves are interested in PVP, Looting from enemy ship.

"If a ship has no captain no ones selling there which is another reason the old trade companies still have a purpose."

Most people have bought their ships, named it, and now sailing it as far as we know. The ratio is 8:2, where8 players bought the ship.

"whats the use to the pirate legend cave? well you still gotta buy the cosmetics. before LoTV what was the purpose of the cave? i literally had not gone down for like 2 years before they introduce legend of the veil."

Well before LOTV how do you used to buy normal Athena Voyage then ?

"shipwright supplies... what firebombs and blunder bombs? you can buy everything else from the merchant in greater quantity for less money. this is a non issue. its meant more as a way to kick off a session faster rather than stocking your boat for 15 minutes just to be sunk before you can set sail"

No i have mentioned a different problem check it again. I spoke about a particular problem which I and I guess lots of players faced. And we cannot buy everything else from the merchant in greater quantity for less money. Merchant is taking more money for less goods For example He is selling 50 cannon balls for 5000.

"The reason for the ship naming cost is so people dont troll with their name by like renaming there ship like USERNAME SUKS HAHAHA"

Dude, people those who have a intention to troll with their ship name or use some toxic names, will do it at the first attempt only. They do not care they will simply write some toxic names at the very beginning after the update and they will continue it through out their journey. I have seen a youtube streamer who did this. You can find him too. And lots of other people also doing this.

The solutions which I have mentioned are very much important to this game and I believe most of the people will like it.

• @dop-mine said in New Season 7 Update Problems And Their Solutions:

Dear Developers,

Let me get straight to the point. There are some changes you guys need to change in this present update so that people get more interest in Sea of Thieves than other games.

Problem 1: Ship name – Ship name edits are costly
    Solution : Let me tell you simply no one is going to look at the ship naming plate except the ship owner;

Perhaps not at the name plate, but I am using (and enjoying) the spyglass to see the ship's name from afar.

Views
5 out of 6