I'd like just one Sovereign question answered...

• Why do they not take a cut of the profits?

There's more to say, but I'd like to keep the question simple and to the point for now... maybe it's answered and I missed it somewhere, or a dev would be kind enough to explain the design rationale behind the decision.

Thank you!

Views
  • What they lack in margin they make up for in volume...

Or maybe they're going to hook us in and then sell advertising space in their tent. Imagine having to watch a 15-second ad for peg polish before being allowed to use the harpoon.

• @lethality1 they take just the tiniest slither of your soul with every item handed in.

By the time you realise, it will already be too late...

• My exact thoughts too, the logical reasoning for Sovereigns providing the service free of charge makes no sense in my mind. Guess it's a game that has phantom fleets in it though, so probably not going to win awards for realism?

• One step closer to looking at treasure and it being instantly turned into gold on the account.

• Well, they kind of do, you just have to pay to the Shipwright instead.
    250,000/375,000/500,000 gold to purchase a captained ship, saving cosmetics, all the trinkets, repair costs, voyages...
    I think the Sovereigns could have been made into their own faction and have so much more depth, but Rare decided to only make them glorified pack mules, and give captained ships an in-game advantage over regulars.

• @luciansanchez82 said in I'd like just one Sovereign question answered...:

@lethality1 they take just the tiniest slither of your soul with every item handed in.

By the time you realise, it will already be too late...

Wasn't that the same with Reapers back in the day? :)

Views
1 out of 7