[FEATURE REQUEST] Shared Ships

• As I'm sure many others do, I frequently sail with a small group of close friends.
    With the new captaincy update, we all have to level up our own ships independently, making the grind n-times longer.

Wouldn't it be cool if we could share ships and own the rights together?

Here is what I have in mind:

• after creating a ship, the captain could promote co-captains from their friends list
    • any co-captain would be able to unlock milestones, and purchase/change cosmetics for the ship
    • the co-captains would be able to access the ship from the front end, repair it, and check its milestones
    • the co-captains would NOT be able to assign/remove other co-captains, dismantle or rename the shared ship, and save cosmetics as defaults (no griefing)
    • the co-captains could start a session with said ship as if it was their own, if the ship is not already being used (sell loot to the Sovereigns, etc.)
    • as long as at least one captain/co-captain is on the vessel, the ship would not loose its "captained" status. Leaving and rejoining a session would also preserve captaincy.
    • only ONE instance of the captained ship could be online at a time (to prevent exploits). If a ship is already being used, a new session can ONLY be started by the original captain, but doing so would remove the captained status of the other vessel.

What do you think? Would it be feasible to implement? How else would you improve the idea?
    If you have any other suggestions, share them in the comments.
    Let's make this a reality!

Views
  • This seems like a band aid fix to the real problem which are ship milestones. Ship milestones have destroyed the equal group dynamic of the game and are just leading to players not being interested at playing on other peoples ships.

I am starting to feel this update was meant for streamers who will always get people to play on their captained ships...

• Wouldn't it be cool if we could share ships and own the rights together?

I am the Captain of my own Ship. Why must I share my glory?

any co-captain would be able to unlock milestones, and purchase/change cosmetics for the ship

I see...players are wanting to quickly unlock all the trinkets that were just released because they dont wanna play the game. Bunch of lazy pirates :p

• @burnbacon you cannot unlock trinkets through leveling up your ship. You unlock stuff for that ship which is only for that ship.

• @burnbacon Here is a post where you say you are a "solo slooper since day 1"

https://www.seaofthieves.com/community/forums/topic/150186/solo-slooping-is-in-a-bad-place-right-now/6

Ship milestones literally don't affect you.

Views
4 out of 5