Suggestion: A community/fan art store in the Pirate Emporium where we can buy community/fan-made art to decorate our Captaincy ships. Proceeds go to charity.

• Ahoy!

I have been an avid Sea of Thieves player, fan, and community member for going on 4 years. I've found great inspiration as an illustrator from playing this game, as I know countless other artists out there have. Over the years I've created a number of different Sea of Thieves inspired illustrations, many of which you may recognize from Reddit, Twitter, or the late great Design By Humans fan shop. But enough about me! This is about the talented community at large who lives and breathes Sea Of Thieves!

With the addition of Captaincy to the game this week, and all it brings with it, I am most excited to decorate my ship with trinkets and fine works of art. While I love the paintings and concept art that make up a lot of the in-game SoT wall art, I know there is even more greatness where that comes from when turning to the community and the artists who create art inspired by this game.

My proposed idea: an art store addition to the Pirate Emporium featuring Rare-approved community/fan art available for purchase. These paintings/pieces would be used to decorate the walls of your newly-captained ship! All proceeds from these sales for the rest of time would go to SpecialEffect, or any other charity of Rare's choosing.

Works could be submitted to Rare, much like the Design By Humans experience for any who partook in that. And then the chosen designs would populate the art/decoration store within the Pirate Emporium. Edit: we could also include past and future #SoTShot winners as well in the gallery!

TLDR: A community/fan art store in the Pirate Emporium where we can buy Rare-approved community/fan-made art and hang in our ships. Proceeds go to charity.

Views
    fan artcommunitygeneral
  • Honestly never heard an idea this good on the forums in a year. Claps.

• @thorumsu if I could see my art, or some of my favorite community members' art hanging in my ship or the ship I board, it would bring me so much joy. And I think a lot of the community could get behind this idea, and take pride in knowing they would be helping a worthy cause all while getting some in-game recognition themselves.

We could include past #SoTShot winners in the art gallery as well.

• @dlnosaurus-rex, Suggestion: A community/fan art store in the Pirate Emporium where we can buy community/fan-made art to decorate our Captaincy ships. Proceeds go to charity. içinde yazdı:

@thorumsu if I could see my art, or some of my favorite community members' art hanging in my ship or the ship I board, it would bring me so much joy. And I think a lot of the community could get behind this idea, and take pride in knowing they would be helping a worthy cause all while getting some in-game recognition themselves.

We could include past #SoTShot winners in the art gallery as well.

This might be the only idea the whole community can agree with unlike literally any other idea XD

Also including #SOTShot winners is a great idea.

• @dlnosaurus-rex
    Personally, I think it'd probably be less work for Rare if there was a contest at periodical intervals to determine a winner that would be voted on by the community and approved by a regular human person at Rare.
    Good idea, +1

• @mr-whaletoes I think they'd need an initial influx of designs approved my Rare to start it off, but having contests in the future would be a great way to keep the community engaged!

• There are many incredibly talented artists roaming around the community, there would be no shortage of quality creations, that's for sure.

• @dlnosaurus-rex
    That would be awesome!

• Make it happen!

Views
fan artcommunitygeneral
1 out of 9