Twitch Drops - don’t forget! WATCH, ENJOY & GET REWARDED (starts 5th - 8th August (from 9 a.m UTC)

• Next week's Twitch Drops will work slightly differently, unlocking each item when you watch a Sea of Thieves Partner for an hour, rather than limiting availability to certain days. Tune in for any three hours from August 5th-8th (9am UTC) to earn three Rising Morningstar items!

Read about it on Twitter

Views
  • Thanks Rare for listening to the community.

I know it's probably just an experiment, but a lot of folk have been frustrated by the daily Drops format, so this goes a long way to alleviating those frustrations. It's also more in-line with how other games structure their Drops.

I know it's an increase in total watch time but I think this will be an overall better structure for viewers and streamers.

• Though I can see the advantage in not having specific days for specific items, watching a stream is something many only do for the rewards (no interest in the actual streamer). So tripling the amount of time we need to spend is a little frustrating.

It's already behavior akin to asking a child to eat their vegetables (which they don't want) to get their dessert (which they do want). Extrinsic motivation is never the right choice...

• I prefer it this way, thank you Rare

• I like this way more than having to remember what week everything starts, and then have to remember in the middle of my day, for 5 days, to check again

• @lethality1 not really, you can pop your favoured stream on in the background, where you can have your one good eye on it. :)
    And you can dip in and out of streams as the time watched is cumulative, as long as 3 hours is reached over the 3 days. Probably easier to do that a solid 20 mins on a certain day? Hey, we gotta try new things :D

• @lizalaroo While I know many people are going to be happy about the Rising Morningstar being re-released for a 3rd time. Are there any plans to add to the set for those of us who have collected them all before?

• @captain-coel we haven’t been told what sets may come in the future :) sorry me matey.

• You're truly a legend! Thanks for the heads-up 😁🤘❤

• @lizalaroo said in Twitch Drops - don’t forget! WATCH, ENJOY & GET REWARDED (starts 5th - 8th August (from 9 a.m UTC):

@captain-coel we haven’t been told what sets may come in the future :) sorry me matey.

Shucks! I am glad that the re-release will make many pirates happy

• @lizalaroo o

Views
10 out of 11