Mic Required Matchmaking Option

• When I’m playing open crew I want a mic required matchmaking option so I don’t have to search for people that I can talk to and play with.

Views
    community
  • 99% of the players have a mic. They just don't wanna talk with strangers. Having a matchmaking for that wouldn't really work for that reason alone.

• I think the burden on being picky in open crew should be on those that are picky and it shouldn't interfere with putting random people that are looking to play in open spots.

People can play just fine without mics and without using them if they have them and prefer to not use them.

I've played open crew more than most and it's never necessary in a random scenario with random people. It's not a sweat crew it's an adventure crew where people can play together.

It's completely fine to prefer it but you can look for it without interfering with filling spots randomly as they are available.

• I'd like to see this too with the addition of maybe a language filter - Its optional and would not hurt anyone. I've seen it work in other games.

Right now you practically need to use discord for more serious stuff and to be honest, I'm fine with that.

Having people who can communicate at the very least makes the game a lot more enjoyable. I have always avoided open crew for that reason mostly, outside of messing around or for some casual pvp... It can be fun sometimes but its very hit or miss.

• @remove-bougette said in Mic Required Matchmaking Option:

I'd like to see this too with the addition of maybe a language filter - Its optional and would not hurt anyone. I've seen it work in other games.

Right now you practically need to use discord for more serious stuff and to be honest, I'm fine with that.

Having people who can communicate at the very least makes the game a lot more enjoyable. I have always avoided open crew for that reason mostly, outside of messing around or for some casual pvp... It can be fun sometimes but its very hit or miss.

It will significantly separate people and those that will clearly pay the price of that are people without mic and people that do not want to use them for whatever valid personal reason they have.

"it's optional and won't negatively effect anyone" doesn't apply when it clearly leaves people out. People without mics/using mics will have an even harder time filling ships and ending up in open spots.

Mic preferences are a luxury that shouldn't be paid for by those that don't use them.

People that want mics have many resources connected to the game. People use LFG there are many discords with lots of people. People that want to play with people with mics have resources. Open crew is for everyone.

• I still wish for the option myself. I mean if they can add functions for people with issues, why not?
    I feel lonely without talking to my crew and it better than players trying to type and misspelling and misunderstanding.

• @like-500-ninjas said in Mic Required Matchmaking Option:

I never play with a mic unless I'm in a private party.

No interest in talking to others for my own personal reasons. I don't think that should be held against anyone.

To each their own, but IMO, you and others like you are missing out on a far richer experience (provided you can control your emotions and ignore those of others).

• @galactic-geek said in Mic Required Matchmaking Option:

@like-500-ninjas said in Mic Required Matchmaking Option:

No interest in talking to others for my own personal reasons. I don't think that should be held against anyone.

To each their own, but IMO, you and others like you are missing out on a far richer experience (provided you can control your emotions and ignore those of others).

certainly possible and true for some

I've always found it so much more interesting to play with people that contribute and perform with no communication or in a situation where languages are different so it's all on instinct and reaction to observation and prediction.

To me there is something fascinating about seeing someone random displaying their experience without voices. Like watching someone perform a dance or practice a martial art and then joining in to contribute.

Not something anyone is required to try or appreciate but there is something unique about it.

• @wolfmanbush said in Mic Required Matchmaking Option:

@galactic-geek said in Mic Required Matchmaking Option:

@like-500-ninjas said in Mic Required Matchmaking Option:

certainly possible and true for some

I've always found it so much more interesting to play with people that contribute and perform with no communication or in a situation where languages are different so it's all on instinct and reaction to observation and prediction.

To me there is something fascinating about seeing someone random displaying their experience without voices. Like watching someone perform a dance or practice a martial art and then joining in to contribute.

Not something anyone is required to try or appreciate but there is something unique about it.

I won't disagree with you on this point, as I have often been the quiet 1 in that situation. Sadly, more often then not, there's a negative stigma associated with that role, as if the mute pirate is somehow less capable. It may be true in some instances, but I personally find it surprising how it's often not the case.

• Stranger danger and there are some people who swear always so i don't play with a mic.
    I always sink someone and hear them yelling at me.

• @galactic-geek said in Mic Required Matchmaking Option:

I won't disagree with you on this point, as I have often been the quiet 1 in that situation. Sadly, more often then not, there's a negative stigma associated with that role, as if the mute pirate is somehow less capable. It may be true in some instances, but I personally find it surprising how it's often not the case.

In open crew mics can be nice for conversation if people get along but from my experience mics in open crew are very rarely used in a way where they truly benefit anything when it comes to combat or intense situations. It more often than not vocal chaos and people saying a lot of things that aren't really useful and often times are distracting and poor strategy.

Random people with different experience levels and no established chemistry don't typically create coherent battle comms.

I've had really interesting, bizarre, odd, awkward, wholesome funny convos with random people in open crew but it's almost never started with a focus on mics. Like an hour into it we randomly start talking after having played without talking and it goes from there.

Interesting people come out of their shell sometimes after they feel comfortable and establish some sort of consistent chill with people not focused on mics.

Sometimes people don't want to talk right away because they feel insecure or nervous about their voice or about communicating in that way with people they don't know. Sometimes lady pirates want to just play the game and not have the focus on them being lady pirates. Lots of entirely competent players just want to play without the voice stuff sometimes even if it's just until they warm up to the situation and random crew.

Views
community
1 out of 11