The complete server alliance guide

• Does anybody knows a place (it can be a website, discord server, youtube video, forum article, anything) that has an updated best way to create a server alliance?

I would also appreciate if someone can take a time to adress tips about what to do in the server once it's closed to enhance the experience for everyone. It doesn't need to be about the best way for getting gold or reputation, instead, Im looking for the coolest way to create an interesting social experience with another pirates into the allianced server.

Should we do a themed alliance event, like fishing? Should we make some kind of competition like a ship or swim race? Besides glitterbeard event there's another way to build a moment like that? I will appreciate any tip or advises.

Thanks in advance for everyone who try to help me in this task.

Views
  • Best way to make an alliance server: Just ask every ship on the server. If you do it with discord, the plauge will get you.

• Go look through looking for groups. People constantly are posting about them

• @seu-bloading Also be aware that you’re probably not going to find a warm reception for alliance server talk here (not from me, I couldn’t care less, but do a search for “alliance server” and see how friendly the posts are 😉)

• @seu-bloading said:

It doesn't need to be about the best way for getting gold or reputation, instead, Im looking for the coolest way to create an interesting social experience with another pirates into the allianced server.

Should we do a themed alliance event, like fishing? Should we make some kind of competition like a ship or swim race?

@sn0kanon said:

...be aware that you’re probably not going to find a warm reception for alliance server talk here

A lot of the opposition towards alliance servers has to do with their negative impact on the environment & devaluing of accomplishments made in normal servers.

However what OP is asking about seems like they're interested in setting up a community event sort of thing.

I sometimes set up "alliance servers" through spiking, while in a discord vc. But we just mess around and TDM. Sometimes tuck (hide) & seek lol. No cheesing. Just hanging out.

It's unfortunate that we don't have access to private servers yet. Setting up fun activities like this seems more appropriate in that space, as it is devoid of gold/rep progress, and it would be much easier than spiking.

• Age of the empires it

Have one ship take everyone to small islands or a sea fort
    give every small island/sea fort with people a rowboat

they need to start small and gather resources and start to branch out while keeping the small island/sea fort a home base, using the rowboat as transportation

eventually invade

last team with a survivor wins

each home base can have a valuable that can be stolen for a win, it must be in the same place of home base so if it is stolen because people are off trying to hide or be clever they still lose

can always tinker around with rules and regulations but it sounds fun to me

sea forts sound cooler but I think small islands would be way more fun and functional in reality

It would be really interesting to watch experienced piratical solo survivalists play this against each other.

• @wolfmanbush disse em The complete server alliance guide:

Age of the empires it

Have one ship take everyone to small islands or a sea fort
    give every small island/sea fort with people a rowboat

they need to start small and gather resources and start to branch out while keeping the small island/sea fort a home base, using the rowboat as transportation

eventually invade

last team with a survivor wins

each home base can have a valuable that can be stolen for a win, it must be in the same place of home base so if it is stolen because people are off trying to hide or be clever they still lose

can always tinker around with rules and regulations but it sounds fun to me

sea forts sound cooler but I think small islands would be way more fun and functional in reality

It would be really interesting to watch experienced piratical solo survivalists play this against each other.

That was the kind of thing I was looking for, thank you so much! I love the idea!

• A bit of a warning, rare has stated they dont like externally formed server alliances, if you can manage one naturally in the game, then you are completely fine, and if the alliance is formed externally for some kinds of events, rare has been known to allow it for the sake of a player event, but if its just for grind its generally looked down upon, and if you use an externally formed alliance for pvp advantage it can potentially get you into trouble. Just stay safe, and stay on rares good side!

Views
6 out of 8