My game is 70GB but my brothers is 26GB

• When I installed the game it is 70GB but when my brother installed the game it was only 26GB can anyone tell me why that is I play on Xbox one X he plays on Xbox one S

Views
    xbox onequestion
  • Because…

@mikester401 said in My game is 70GB but my brothers is 26GB:

I play on Xbox one X he plays on Xbox one S

Different machines, different specs. The X is able to utilise higher quality assets that would be wasted on the S. The X version is closer to the PC version in that regard, even if it doesn’t match performance.

• @mikester401 the One X is capable of running 4K graphics which the one S isn't and so wouldn't need to download this assets.

Feel like that's a lot of gigamajigs just for 4K though 🤔

• @realstyli that makes sense thx man

• @realstyli It used to show around 26gb's on PC also and sometimes it changes to that.
    Now it's over 80gb's again.
    I don't know why it sometimes drastically changes after an update... hmm

• @jumli7 said in My game is 70GB but my brothers is 26GB:

@realstyli It used to show around 26gb's on PC also and sometimes it changes to that.
    Now it's over 80gb's again.
    I don't know why it sometimes drastically changes after an update... hmm

It hasn't been that small an install in years on PC (maybe pre 1st Anniversary Update).

Until A Pirate's Life, it was hovering around 45GB, and has grown significantly since then. The Microsoft Store version is currently 79.7GB - not sure if Steam is smaller as I don't currently have it installed.

Just goes to show how much content they've added.

• This is BS for a game that is also completely server based. I've played Unreal games that are single player that are no where close to this. Take Grounded for example. It has a similar style and a huge map as well with even more complex game mechanics like building, but it's only 8 GBs. What is going on?!

• As this thread was months old and revived today, it will now be locked.

A general reminder to all, please avoid reviving threads aged past 30 days, as it is considered a necro, and is against our Forum Rules.

Bumping Threads
    Bumping threads with content that is not providing additional information to the original post is not permitted. Resurrecting very old threads is also not permitted. A warning will be issued and the thread locked. Ignoring the warning will result in a temporary ban from the Forums and a final warning. If the action continues, a permanent ban from the Forums will be issued.

Views
xbox onequestion
1 out of 8