Can't install the game unless its on my C: Drive...

• I have been playing Sea Of Thieves for over 4 years now since the closed BETA where I fell in love with the game. I have recently built a new PC and my C: Drive is to small, I have attempted to install Sea of Thieves on my D: Drive on this PC and my other one and I am faced with 2 different issues every time. Issue 1 my D: Drive doesn't pop up, Issue 2 My D: Drive does pop up but it can only install to 90% an than proceed to get the error code 0x80070005. I have attempted to fix this issue through my settings, PowerShell commands, and command prompt. I have done everything on the support pages listed through Microsoft and attempted things told in YouTube Videos, I have also seeked help through some tech friends and still this error will not budge. I believe it has something to do with the Microsoft store because this is the only place I have ever had this issue within my 8+ years playing on PC. My 250GB storage is to small due to it having all my streaming, software installations, etc. on it. If you guys have any other ideas on how to fix this please let me know, if you could just give me a Steam code for the game, if possible that would be great considering the Sea of Thieves Insider Program works there.

Some of the fixes I have tried given on the Microsoft website.

Microsoft Website:
    Installation Problems due to available storage or drive format

Still having problems?

Error Messages

Videos I watched:

Other Forum:

https://xbox-forums.com/threads/xbox-app-for-pc-wont-let-me-select-a-drive-to-install-a-game.443857/

Watched a few more but I can't find them sorry.

Like said I have been having this issue since this game released and would like to have it installed on my 2TB storage and not my small C: Drive where all my Windows installations and Software's are.. :) thanks for taking your time to read this and assist me today, I think the best approach is the STEAM installation but if that's not doable and you guys have more ideas to fix this please let me know because I honestly feel like I tried everything listed and recommended by friends I have even gone onto the community page here in attempt to fix it but didn't find much. I just want to play the game again specially because i didn't get to play Adventure 3 nor finish the last season due to this issue being present.

Views
    questionwindows 10feedbackgeneral
  • I have made a mistake with the videos I have include, oops... I have recently built a new PC and wanted to clean/wipe my drivers before booting them safely.

Actual Videos Sorry...:

• For gamepass/MS Store games, I opened the xbox app clicked on my profile / settings / general -and under 'game install options' changed the default location to my storage drive; you may want to run 'sfc /scannow' on the OS as well.

• Hey, was looking for help on this currently, I’ve been trying to download and play the game since last week but it keeps giving me error code 0xc0000005 on the splash screen.

I have 139 gigs free on my C drive as the game is currently a 102 gig download, but mid way through installation it says I ran out of space, it seems it tries to reserve more space than the system will let it.

I’m trying to see if I can install on my E drive but MStore won’t even let me change it to that, is there any way I can make it possible to download on my external storage??

• As this thread was years old and revived today, it will now be locked.

A general reminder to all, please avoid reviving threads aged past 30 days, as it is considered a necro, and is against our Forum Rules.

Bumping Threads
    Bumping threads with content that is not providing additional information to the original post is not permitted. Resurrecting very old threads is also not permitted. A warning will be issued and the thread locked. Ignoring the warning will result in a temporary ban from the Forums and a final warning. If the action continues, a permanent ban from the Forums will be issued.

Views
questionwindows 10feedbackgeneral
2 out of 5