No gold for a pretty decent haul

• Me and a friend were slooping as reapers. We came across a crew on the ashen wind event and offered aid. They seemed fairly new and we started an alliance. After the ashen wind event, ghost fort, reapers chest, and some sunken skelly ships, We made grade 5 and headed to sell. We sold everything but only received notifications that the items were sold, No gold and barely any rep. I lowered the emissary flag, got 5 grand, found a skull on the neighboring island and made a little more.

I’m new to reaper play but is there any reason. Why I wouldn’t get gold if I’m in an alliance with another crew? Completely baffled and feel like three hours just went down the drain.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Views
  • @anubis0311 had this bug also 2-3 times...it has something to do with the alliance system...as you say, you were reaper, I had that issue also when playing as a reaper...so maybe reaper and alliance aren't such a good combination

• I've long wondered what that bug was all about and how common it is.

I haven't done many alliances but the rare occasion that I do it seems like I end up with that no gold bug at least half of the time if not more.

It also never showed up in my experience, I would think such an odd bug for a feature so commonly used would be talked about more or fixed, always seemed like not a whole lot of people talk about it.

• @schwammlgott said in No gold for a pretty decent haul:

@anubis0311 had this bug also 2-3 times...it has something to do with the alliance system...as you say, you were reaper, I had that issue also when playing as a reaper...so maybe reaper and alliance aren't such a good combination

We've had it when sailing and selling as an OoS emissary.

My crewmate and I investigated and there is a 50% chance that when the other crew stops playing (alt-F4 or disconnect) but the ship is still on the server the gold and rep will not count for the crew turning in.

• @wolfmanbush said in No gold for a pretty decent haul:

I've long wondered what that bug was all about and how common it is.

I haven't done many alliances but the rare occasion that I do it seems like I end up with that no gold bug at least half of the time if not more.

It also never showed up in my experience, I would think such an odd bug for a feature so commonly used would be talked about more or fixed, always seemed like not a whole lot of people talk about it.

We try first with a small item; see if it registers and if so we continue. If not, we will keep attention to a delay in gold & rep or wait till the alliance member's ship leaves. We might sail towards them to see if they are still on the server.

It only happens (AFAIK) in the time the disconnect timer is running (see my reply above), most alliances might wait until the other ones turn in, so I don't think it happens that often.

• @lem0n-curry sagte in No gold for a pretty decent haul:

@schwammlgott said in No gold for a pretty decent haul:

@anubis0311 had this bug also 2-3 times...it has something to do with the alliance system...as you say, you were reaper, I had that issue also when playing as a reaper...so maybe reaper and alliance aren't such a good combination

We've had it when sailing and selling as an OoS emissary.

My crewmate and I investigated and there is a 50% chance that when the other crew stops playing (alt-F4 or disconnect) but the ship is still on the server the gold and rep will not count for the crew turning in.

So...easy fix...get out of the alliance before selling...
    Actually did that once, I was expecting that bug, so we first sold something not worthy, we didn't get money, so we left the alliance and it worked again

Views
1 out of 6