Big Loot Update/Event

• I love stacking up tons of chests on the boat like everyone else. But I also had the weird idea the other day, what if you could stack the same treasures on top of each other, and then they molded together. Simply making the item model bigger, and increasing the value of it when you sell. It'd be so fun to create a massive skull, or have a huge crying chest. Plus itd be easier to handle on the game because you don't have to render hundreds of chests. Just a few that eventually become comically large.

Views
    just for funfeedbackgeneralevents
  • Could help with server lag

The issue is that it tinkers with risk/reward in a way that leans too far into reward and too far away from risk

Makes it very easy and convenient without sacrifice.

• This is honestly not a bad idea, it would give those who stack a slight advantage for the huge risk they take by stacking, i think it would be fair, by making you have to sell/carry less chests - losing this chests would also make them harder to recover i guess so there is sill risk/reward + i would see this as more of a QoL feature an alternative would be auto sell on a timer based on how much loot you have (stoppable by pvp somehow i guess).

Selling loot is my least favourite thing in the game to be honest and nowadays i just let loot sink if people don't need it... This is mainly why i don't stack or pve at all outside of 2x events.

• @wolfmanbush said:

Could help with server lag

The issue is that it tinkers with risk/reward in a way that leans too far into reward and too far away from risk

What if we were rewarded fewer items for voyages, sea forts and events, but each item had more value? So that the overall gold/rep ends up being the same, but there's just less stuff putting stress on servers.

I'd prefer that to comically large skulls lol.

• @theblackbellamy said in Big Loot Update/Event:

@wolfmanbush said:

Could help with server lag

What if we were rewarded fewer items for voyages, sea forts and events, but each item had more value? So that the overall gold/rep ends up being the same, but there's just less stuff putting stress on servers.

I'd prefer that to comically large skulls lol.

yeah it's definitely workable and almost necessary imo to figure something out unless I am overestimating the effect from the piles of laggy loot on a server.

Look at the new athena voyage, it's not really piles and piles of loot it's just a manageable pile of quality loot.

Gold vaults are the opposite, piles and piles of loot, lot of it being low-mid. That could be cut down in quantity and upped in quality. It's a quality voyage and strong for pve but the quantity isn't really necessary for the most part.

It creates a scenario where spending more time (risk) has some pretty significant diminishing returns which doesn't make too much sense.

• Was on about this with the boys last night.

I would literally take 25% wait pause, i would take 15% of the total value of all the loot in my boat if i could instantly sell everything instantly.

We only stack loot to get people to attack us, when we log off if no one sank us we just scuttle the ship and let all 3 hours of loot sink.

Id rather get spawned camped by someone with esp hacks for 30 minutes trying to break it instead of selling loot.

Whatever floats you boat or sinks your ship.

• I don’t mind selling loot but I’d love a collection of comically large skulls to schlep around. And as far at risk vs. reward, keep in mind it’d be easy for a thief to steal your entire hoard if it were consolidated into a few supersized items so it probably balances out to some degree.

• @theblackbellamy That would work too and would prob be easier to implement...

Views
just for funfeedbackgeneralevents
7 out of 8