The Mystery Begins!

• The sad lament of the music box heralds the start of the first Sea Of Thieves mystery...

Who is the skeleton who lies amongst the palm trees?
    Maybe we can get a few clues from the garb he is wearing...

Let's hear your thoughts and ideas!

Need to know more?
    You can read more about the Mysteries in the Sea of Thieves HERE

Views
  • We're gunna blow this case wide open

• @tre-oni Go find him in the world!

• I've seen a few players come pay their respects for this once great Sea Dog. Some brought gifts, too.

• @lizalaroo
    The investigation should include only those who didn't play yesterday. Everyone else should be considered suspects.

• @myftix said in The Mystery Begins!:

I've seen a few players come pay their respects for this once great Sea Dog. Some brought gifts, too.

That's great - I used to bring Duke a Chest of 1000 grogs when he was moving across islands.

• @tre-oni if a pirate dies in the sea of thieves they go to the sea of the damned where they end up on the ferry of the damned before returning to the sea of thieves so his soul may be trapped or someone found a way to destroy it

• @lizalaroo said in The Mystery Begins!:

@tre-oni Go find him in the world!

Oh, I did. I just can't wait for us to bring whoever it was that did it to sea justice.

I assume this is just another step in the Flameheart related adventures hes moving in on in the SoT, and I'm not really feeling letting him run wild anymore

• @otherfanboy said in The Mystery Begins!:

@tre-oni if a pirate dies in the sea of thieves they go to the sea of the damned where they end up on the ferry of the damned before returning to the sea of thieves so his soul may be trapped or someone found a way to destroy it

Yeah, he's dead dead atm. Generally skeletons aren't left behind for us unless something has happened along the way.

Pretty sure FH knows how to prevent making your way to the ferry, doesn't he? Or was it Greymarrow?

• @tre-oni Graymerrow knew how to seal away souls and maybe Pendragon

• @lucky11 It will be interesting to see how this plays out. :)

• My theory is that SOT is a sort of purgatory for pirates and the like. We are all locked in this viscious circle of looting, fighting and killing for eternity (or till the servers are on)

DeMarco's body in that island, doesn't mean he is gone. If you think about it, Ramsey is a ghost and we have never seen his actual body.

• @metal-ravage I like your thinking. Any ideas on who might have committed this crime?

• @lizalaroo My money is on Stitcher Jim. He has this nasty habit of crawling around little islands to perform his dirty deeds.

• So, this is quite obviously DeMarco. I sailed to Sea Dog's Rest to investigate and while there wasn't a lot there. I did get thinking about who could have done this.

I think this may have something to do with Flameheart or at least the Servant of the Flame.

With the new forts we encounter during the Legend of the Veil Voyage, the Sea Dog flag is visible at these forts.

Is it possible DeMarco made a deal with Flameheart/Reapers and now this deal has gone wrong?

It's definitely interesting and I can't wait to learn more.

• I'm voting Lesedi killed him as tribute to join with the other Masked Stranger.

He really failed her with the arena collapsing.

• There's a couple of interesting ideas here from @lucky11 and @CptnPotBeard

• I've noticed the bottle... anyone else?

• Definitely amaranta murdered him. She is working with Wanda, and she may be just using Wanda to learn about the cursed cannonballs for flameheart.

Demarcos not exactly a hard man to find. He does chill right next to reapers all the time. Sea dogs rest is also near wanderers. And amaranta was only barely second best and she always boasted about wanting to get rid of the Singhs. Plus there were daggers thrown into the portraits of Demarco and lesedi above the tavern.

Condensed here since other thread is closed. I've been calling this death for 6 months now since the announcement of arena being shut down and the road map for this year coming out. I look forward to solving who murdered our Glorious Good Boy. But I know it was amaranta. That or Winter the weaponsmith. She's a prickly customer that one. Sharpest looking in the bunch, not you the swords though.

• why would you kill Demarco!? he was the sea dogs guy in the tavern.

• @lizalaroo
    I was asked to repost my theory under this thread. Sorry I missed this earlier @lizalaroo! This is what I wrote:

Rest in Peace Demarco.

I would like to start off by saying I didn't do it. Yesterday I started my voyage at Galleon's Grave Outpost, went South toward the Ancient Isles and circled back around to the Sunken Shores Treasury before calling it a day at Sanctuary Outpost. I stopped by Crook's Hollow, so hopefully Wild Henry can vouch for me.

I have a few theories I want to run by everyone. Firstly, based off of the decomposition of the body I think Demarco was killed on Sea Dog's Rest. (The position of his legs looks like he tried crawling away from whomever killed him before passing away.) If we can figure out why he was on Sea Dog's Rest, that may help us narrow down our suspect list.

Secondly, I know a lot of us (myself included) will want to point the finger at Amaranta, but I have some doubts. We haven't seen her since the Arena closed and, if I remember correctly, characters familiar with her whereabouts said she went off on a ship somewhere. (along with that being a convincing alibi, it feels to easy: it sounds a little to obvious that the murderer is the one who was angry at Demarco). I think one of our suspects needs to be Lesedi. I'm not sure about anyone else, but it sounded like she was frustrated and felt betrayed by Demarco when I spoke to her at the Sea Dog's Tavern in Adventure Mode.

As of yet, no one else makes a whole lot of sense in terms of motive. I thought that maybe Stitcher Jim could have a role in this somehow, but we haven't seen him in over a year at least. In any case, someone should probably notify Ramsey. Happy Sailing guys!

• @lizalaroo question simple yes or no ….is there currently more clues to find at this moment

• He got too close to uncovering the truth so I had to get rid of him.

• @voodoo-ic0n yea it’s on him before he died …tho it does look like he’s reaching for it

• @otherfanboy until later in the week I think, probably Saturday. DeMarco hasn't technically been killed yet... very weird...

• @the-pheonix6886 if talking about “later this week” that’s part of the mystery NEWS letter that’s been up since Tuesday it came out with the first video on Mysteries

• @luciansanchez82
    Is that...is that a confession? :)

• @lucky11 you saw nothing, right?

• Sea Dog's Rest is pretty close to Imperial Crown fortress, and we know there have been looted paintings from the Tavern found in these sea forts. Has anyone scoped that out?

• @d3adst1ck
    I went around the surrounding islands earlier, including Imperial Crown Fortress, and I couldn't find anything.

What's interesting is that Ramsey and the rest of the occupants of the Pirate Legend Hideout, Umbra on Lagoon of Whispers, Five Paces Frank on Mermaid's Hideaway, and the remaining merchants sitting around the Sea Dog's Tavern all seem oblivious to Demarco's disappearance or the fact that he died.

• @lizalaroo said in The Mystery Begins!:

@metal-ravage I like your thinking. Any ideas on who might have committed this crime?

Ur mom...

😅

• @luciansanchez82
    (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISQMf8dev_U)

• I went to check out the Glorious Sea Dog tavern and did notice Lesedi wasn't there. Either something happened to her too or she's part of what happened. Why she would do something like that to her own brother I dunno. I did notice on one of the tables at the top there was a map with two daggers pinned on what looks like Wanderer's Refuge? Has anyone looked there to see if there's anything there?

• @capt-brookes
    I briefly looked over Wanderer's Refuge, but I didn't see anything new.

• So me and my crew did go to Wanderer's Refuge, and we just found this...

alt text

Anyone else know this was here?

Views
1 out of 1048