Is bait worth it?

• Me and a friend was fishing earlier and we got to a point where we ran out of bait. (We were fishing at a sea post)

We decided to fish without bait as I knew you could still catch fish without it. I caught a trophy sunny splashtail without using bait.

So do you need to use bait to fish or does it not make a difference?

Views
  • alt text

depends on your goals

fishing without bait can result in you catching ashen keys and treacherous plunder for commendations

• @wolfmanbush ahh I see. Thanks!

• Bait is used to catch specific fish in different areas of the map. For example, if you are fishing at a wreck, you need to use Earthworms to be able to catch Wreckers. Spashtails are the only fish that do not require bait, and as previously mentioned, you can only collect treacherous if you do not have bait on your line. However, even when you're using bait to catch other fish, a splashtail may still bite your line and take your bait.

There are plenty of fishing guides, and if you check your Hunters Call rep, it will tell you which fish require which bait.

Hope this helps!!
    Happy Fishing!!

• Also, the presence of bait does not affect your chances of catching Trophy fish.

• Of course bait matters ... My good old Mother has even a saying about this : you can't catch flies with vinegar ...No Serious , as the persons above have told you catch different fish according to the places where you trying to catch them and depending what bait you use ... i 'm not sure of the nowadays fishprices but i once caught a Bonedust Plentifin Trophy fish , when i cashed that in i fell through my chair , i had 11.500 gold coins for it , that's something a Trophy Sunny Splashtail can only dream off...

• @captainbrian403 sagte in Is bait worth it?:

...Spashtails are the only fish that do not require bait...

Pondys and isle hoppers also need no bait

Views
1 out of 7