Cloud Streaming vs download

• Ahoy. Does any of you scurvy sea dogs play the game via gamepass cloud streaming?
    Wondering if I will get better performance as I am playing on an xbox one s and the load times are shocking (as you all know).
    I believe the cloud service uses the xbox series x specs so streaming so Should be better graphics/loading in theory!

Views
  • @kumokiri

I would not try to steam SoT with a One as your base. My son has fiddled with streaming on our series s and his x. Works good if we're on our home network but it's very difficult to play SoT with our devices lol. I wouldn't recommend SoT for cloud streaming in general.

• @kumokiri

I would not try to steam SoT with a One as your base. My son has fiddled with streaming on our series s and his x. Works good if we're on our home network but it's very difficult to play SoT with our devices lol. I wouldn't recommend SoT for cloud streaming in general.

• @kumokiri

• @kumokiri

• I play with my Razor Kishi, it is definitely not desirable. I have used to to complete daily deeds and get supplies before switching to the xbox

• So, I decided to investigate this a bit further.
    I have removed sea of thieves from my console and now play it THROUGH my console via cloud streaming as I have unlimited data on the home network.

The pros-

●Amazing performance on loading times in and out of the game, as well as transitioning between black screen areas.
    ●Better graphics
    ● Overall a better experience

The cons-

●Occasional video resolution dip lasting for mere seconds.
    ● Can't stream game via twitch at the same time for obvious reasons.

So in conclusion, playing the game on my old xbox via streaming far outweighs playing the downloaded version.
    I have now begun to delete all downloaded gamepass games as they perform and look do much better via cloud gaming.
    And if your Internet service is good and unlimited, I would highly recommend.

( bearing in mind I'm talking about streaming through the old xbox's onto a TV and not a mobile/handheld device, with a home network)

Views
6 out of 7