Tips on how to avoid having your loot stolen:

• If you're a new player or just simply bad at PVP I will give some advice in this thread on how to avoid it. I know people are just gonna say "Oh, you're just upset that your loot got stolen." I do not care. I have plenty of money and currently in a position where I can buy anything I want. This guide is for newer players who do not know much about PVP yet. So here we go:

5: Look out for any reapers on the map.
    If a reaper emissary has 5 stars, it will be able to see other emissaries on the map which can be very harmful if you are grinding a certain role. If you see any galleons with a 5 star reaper, that is a big red flag.

4: Distract them with a teammate.
    If a ship gets too close to you, have your teammate board their ship and start juking around while throwing fire bombs. While they are distracted, use this time to get as far away as possible from them. The longer your teammate makes the chase last, the better.

3: Only take what you need.
    Some quests like the new one will give other players a sign when you are doing it like the big blue tornado. What they are going to want is to make you do all the work and when the tornado disappears they come in and steal the loot. What I did on these ones is that if I saw a ship nearby I would only take the Athena loot or anything that is the most valuable and got out of the place right away.

2: Find the fastest way to speed run a quest.
    Many new players might spend too much time on a quest not knowing what to do. In the shroud breaker for example, they might start at the big island and track down the chest. This will give other players more time to find you. Instead, read the whole thing. It will say they dropped the chest off at a island. Just do some problem solving and the island should be obvious. Go straight there to get your quest item so you can move on.

1: Use your own reapers flag to counteract other emissaries.
    You need a 5 star reapers flag to see other emissaries on the map. Buy one at the reapers hideout and then do small things to get loot like sea forts. Once you've done enough of them your flag will reach 5 and you can do something bigger like fort of fortune or damned. Have a teammate check back on the map every once in a while to see if any one is coming. Then plan a strategy on them.

Views
    The enemies you know are more useful than the enemies you don't. Reapers can be tracked, they can be predicted more accurately because of the tracking, their immediate intent can be predicted more accurately. Watch for them but don't allow them to be the boogeyman. Study them. Some will not be an immediate threat on a server.

Example: If you are working shores of plenty and there is a reaper 5 (or any grade) working an ashen winds Marauder's Arch this gives you time to do your work. They are pveing and have entered themselves into server hopping danger. This makes it likely that they will either go sell after finishing the event or will continue to pve stack. They are not only pveing out of your area but they are also the target for server hoppers, not you. This benefits you and gives you time. It increases your chances of success, nothing guarantees it, we are only playing an odds game.

Minimize losses. Chases will be a waste of your time. It will slow your production significantly over time, it will slow down achieving goals. Sell often. Move on quickly.

Agree. Efficiency over time is significantly more productive than trying to take everything.

Speed and mobility are useful suggestions

High risk and marked activity is largely fighting off server hoppers. This is just a poor gamble if you aren't very skilled at combat. Either they find your server at the time you are active in time for steals or they don't, either the crews that will ambush are more skilled or they aren't. I wouldn't even recommend FotD. Risk/reward for a crew that isn't skilled at combat isn't a solid gamble. FoF is worth the risk from time to time but with the new athena voyage just stick to those mostly. Fast, mobile, efficient.

When fleets return that is your best reaper activity. It's right by reapers. Lots of boss loot. If you pull it off there is less travel time. Focus reaper activity on fleet efficiency. Most consistent reaper activity you will be able to pull off is getting experience with fleets. If you're going to pve reaper, fleets are your best friend.

Important
    Sell Sell Sell
    If you are sailing with someone that wants to stack, you have a high chance of losing it. If you think stacking is a good idea, it isn't. Arrogance and complacency within the environment will lead you to more lost loot than you need to lose. Always respect the danger of the sea and other pirates. Never assume that you are the biggest fish or that you are on a safe server.

• Not all players/Pirates are your friends. But not all pirates/players are out to get you.
    • Risk = Reward
    • Expect the unexpected, the sea is ever changing. She can be cruel or a blessing.
    • Always carry a throwable.
Views
1 out of 3