A Hub World for Player Interactions and LFG

• I think Sea of Thieves should implement a player hub separate from the main map. Something I’ve noticed Sea of Thieves lacks is a way to find like-minded people to go sailing with unless you use a discord server or have a group of friends. This player hub would act as an in-game LFG being accessible from the main menu and provide an interesting way for people to find potential crewmates. Since in-game progression is tied to unlocking cosmetics, this would be a cool way for pirates to show off their titles, commendations, clothing, etc. Players when in this hub can inspect other pirates to get information on their player stats and invite them to a crew. After that, a crew can purchase supplies from local vendors, raise an emissary flag of their choice, and choose a type of ship before setting sail. Players would use the same rock formation introduced in A Pirate’s Life to be sent to the Sea of Thieves. I really enjoyed the social aspect of Sea Dogs Tavern when waiting for an Arena game and think a player hub could be used to greatly expand on this. The hub area could contain various minigames like Liars Dice, card games, a shooting range as well as parkour areas. Perhaps some of these minigames could also help new players learn certain game mechanics.
    Concept Art
    Additional Concept Art

Views
    feedbackgeneralcommunitystory & loreevents
  • @waywardspade Your links don't work. 😅

• I would love an ingame LFG thing, but I don't really see a need for a hub world. IMO it's fine as it is and will probably just be loads of people spamming the chat with trash.

An ingame LFG would be very beneficial, you could even have an option to put in what you want to do in your play session and it will match you with a crew with similar interests.

Posts would also not show if it is Xbox servers only, etc. And posts requesting more experienced players can be hidden from non-Pirate Legends, etc.

So yeah, in-game LFG, yes.

Hub world, no

• Sea of Thieves lacks is a way to find like-minded people to go sailing with unless you use a discord server or have a group of friends.

Or use the looking for group and read the “requirements” they ask for.

But I can see the old arena tavern becoming this since it does have its own world outside the main map.

• they could and probably should link to the discord somewhere but something ingame would just be carnage

Views
feedbackgeneralcommunitystory & loreevents
4 out of 5