Sea Fortress Idea

• So I just watched this video (it's good). And the idea they use in it I thought could actually be taken further with game mechanics.

So SPOILER alert for the video, they hide all their loot in a Sea Fort vault, with the idea of locking it in and retrieving each factions loot after they reach Level 5 Emissary for each one.

But at the end, the loot despawns.

So I'm thinking, after you open the vault, you keep the key and can lock the vault. After you leave Phantoms take over again.

All loot placed in vault doesn't despawn and you can re-open the door with the key whenever you like.

Obviously if another ship turns up and completes the fort, they can take all your loot.

I might not be a massively useful feature, but it could be useful because you can hide your loot, so you don't lose everything if you sink. Similar to burying chests, but perhaps a bit more useful...?

Views
  • @ottyman8687 the despawn timer on loot is I believe 2 hrs with out touching it.

• @captain-coel said in Sea Fortress Idea:

@ottyman8687 the despawn timer on loot is I believe 2 hrs with out touching it.

I'm fairly certain I have left loot lying around in places for close to 6 hours.

• @galactic-geek I've never bothered to test it. The 2hr timer came from people who make loot art.

I either pick it up, or throw it in water so it sinks and despawns, except Rag and Bone crates. Those I always touch and leave behind.

Views
3 out of 4