An idea for Sea Fortresses

• I love Sea Fortresses. I love their design and how they enrich the world, but having a bit of back and forth online with players I came up with a way to spice them up a bit. Now I admit out of the gate that my idea would need to be balanced as heck and would take a long time to perfect but I think it could easily create a game loop that currently isnt asked for by the player through game play.

Keep Sea Fortresses as they are, but every so often make a world event that has the Trading Companies recognise whoever holds that specific sea fortress. AKA, when you complete the Sea Fort you can raise a flag for any Trading Company (including Sea Dogs and Hunters Call). With the flag up you get minimal gold and reputation. Of course not loads, as you shouldnt be able to farm this. But enough to create PVP opportunities around the Sea Forts for a limited time. I think not keeping it on a timer would cheese it but I see no issue with this being in the event circulation.

What say you?

Views
  • @specialunitt

I think after the Fortress events are done maybe take that and make it so you can mark the fort as your respawn. So you can defend it. Making it until a player reclaims it you can only spawn there. To make it fair it is whole crew or no crew. No splitting crew for this too.

Views
1 out of 2