Noobie help please.

• Looking for help on a specific scenario. If i have a ship full of loot and pull up at an outpost (I'm assuming they aren't safe and people can still just kill me at an outpost but I'm not 100% on that) and a crew kills me for my loot. What will happen? Where would i spawn? Would I spawn on a new ship somewhere else and my old ship is still there with the loot on for them to steal or will i keep spawning near my ship until all the loot has been taken from it? Thanks for your help :)

Views
  • @jackyeates Ahoy matey!

You are correct Outposts are not safe zones and treasure is not fully yours until you cash it in at the respected factions.

If a crew kills you... after a short visit to the ferry you will respawn back at your ship. Which should still be at the outpost.

If a crew sinks you, your treasure will be bobbing on the water where your ship went down. And you will respawn at an island somewhere on the map. You can choose to head back or carry on with a new adventure/quest.

• @musicmee Thanks for the quick reply. So i will always respawn on my ship upon death unless the ship is sank? Makes a lot of sense, thanks!

• @jackyeates said in Noobie help please.:

@musicmee Thanks for the quick reply. So i will always respawn on my ship upon death unless the ship is sank? Makes a lot of sense, thanks!

Correct. You'll get a fresh ship after it's sunk and you respawn at an island.

Just remember, if you're in a situation where you keep respawning on your ship and being killed, you have the option to sink (scuttle) your own ship from the menu. Sometimes, you are in a situation where your ship is not sinking (or not sinking fast enough) and don't feel you can gain back control of your ship. This is frequently referred to as "spawn camping"...it's not ideal, but it happens, and you don't have to put up with it. Scuttling is your friend in that situation.

Views
3 out of 4