We need new world events.

• I don't even think i need explanation
    The only world events right now are : skeleton fort , fort of fortune ,ashen lords and skeleton fleet
    2 of them are literally the same (the 2 fort event) event the fort of the damned is still the same things
    we need something new and with the removal of ghost fleet world event we only have now repetitive event about killing skeletons

But that just my opinion after all

Views
    feedbackgeneral
  • Personally I don't think we really need new ones, we need to revamp the old ones to feel new, with an addition to keep players coming back and keep doing them, because Fort of Fortune was filler content. It wasn't at all necessary and could have been something to bring players back to activating FOTD since players pretty much stopped doing it (mostly).
    I don't know what that reason could be to bring players back to old content and fight over it like in the good old days of fighting for skeleton forts, but I'm not a professional developer to make the decision with the stats of what people like to do.

• No we don't need more events, we need to make the current ones more fun.

Sea-Forts and shrines have you fighting non-skeleton enemies if that's what your after.

But the forts are the only events I ever do, generally I server hop for a FoF so it's worthwhile. I'll occasionally do fleets for emissary.

The issue is the forts are just:

• Kill loads of easy Skeletons
    • Kill easy bullet sponge

We need a way to make them a bit more interesting.

So I'm thinking:

• Mixed Waves, instead of just gold, or just shadow Skeletons, spawn a mixture. That way you have to be strategic - you can't take the gold's in the water or the plant ones get buffes, etc.

• Skeleton Army, just spawn absolutely tons of skeletons all around the fort and you must kill them all

• Ships, skeleton ships occasionally sail over and attack, providing more loot and supplies

• New Skeleton types, give us skeletons that can through blunderbombs or firebombs. Maybe put sniper skeletons up in the keep as well. You could also make fire skeletons that breath fire like the ashen Winds skull.

• New Skeleton strengths and weaknesses. New Skeleton type that can only take damage while music is played. Or maybe another that will only take damage if your health is red.

• Boss improvement. Instead of every boss being a boring bullet sponge doing the same 3 attacks over and over, make it more interesting. There are 3 skeleton lords. And currently we have:

• Ground Slam

• Spawn Skeletons

• Blunder/Pistol

And I propose some new attacks to add to them:

• Invisibility, disappears briefly

• Throws spears

• Throws lit kegs at you

Basically the main point I'm making is that we don't need more events in general, as we already have loads of raids and stuff, but maybe making fighting skeletons a bit more interesting.

• @ottyman8687 i see that you have loads of good ideas wow that really the direction the game should go for world events

• @gallerine5582 said in We need new world events.:

Personally I don't think we really need new ones, we need to revamp the old ones to feel new, with an addition to keep players coming back and keep doing them, because Fort of Fortune was filler content. It wasn't at all necessary and could have been something to bring players back to activating FOTD since players pretty much stopped doing it (mostly).
    I don't know what that reason could be to bring players back to old content and fight over it like in the good old days of fighting for skeleton forts, but I'm not a professional developer to make the decision with the stats of what people like to do.

They could remove the Ritual Skull limit and make FotD relevant again

People keep saying that is easy to obtain Ritual Skulls, but being able to buy them lead to people stacking it like 5 times over and it generally being active a lot more. That how you make old content relevant again

• They should just let the FOF spawn in the Roar.

• I think about a world event of dozens of Ghost Ships attacking an island with good amounts of loot for all factions.

Oh wait, I just want Flameheart back. People mostly only disliked it because of his loud trashtalk.

Maybe just reintroduce Flameheart with an option to mute his voice lines? Like disabling rats, screen shake and blur. Disable Flamehearts Voice Lines or something.

Please bring Flameheart's ghost fleet back in all the glory. I really miss it. was my favourite world event since it has been released.

• @ottyman8687

No, thats simply not true. It was removed to be in line with the current Adventure story arc according to their statements.

I just stated the number one reason why people disliked the Flameheart world event; so my post was less about "please bring it back" and more about not letting us wait any further.

I am super annoyed by Golden Sands Outpost being unuseable and the same goes for the "mysterious" disappearance of Flameheart.

I know that it has been done for storytelling reasons but it feels like an eternity without both now, not even talking about the Arena.

• @ssolutionss said in We need new world events.:

They should just let the FOF spawn in the Roar.

While they were at it, actually added sea forts there, and also make Ashen lords limited to that area to make it relevant again, because its current state is that of Arena. A small minority that enjoys it, while it rots away never getting updated

Views
feedbackgeneral
1 out of 10