Athena’s fortune and Reaper’s Bones emissary rework

Views
  • The new athena quest is the only hope athena has of becoming appealing. It's been unappealing too long to revive it with tweaking of what already exists.

For Reapers Bones make it only that Stolen items and reapers chest have the gold bonus, PVE loot will give you the base amount and that’s it! Making it a true PVP Faction.

Imo this is one of the most counter productive suggestions that people bounce around.

It kills reaper's faction by making it as unappealing as athena and killing off reaper's is killing off significant amounts of appealing activity in a game like this

• @wolfmanbush I have to disagree on the reapers bones part because the faction is meant for pvp this will mark the faction what it was intended for in the first place

• @captain-wolf348 said in Athena’s fortune and Reaper’s Bones emissary rework:

@wolfmanbush I have to disagree on the reapers bones part because the faction is meant for pvp this will mark the faction what it was intended for in the first place

So we sacrifice massive amounts of activity that we do not have an abundance of because you think that reapers should stick to pvp?

It's a faction that welcomes pvp but it wasn't designed around specifically pvp it was designed around higher risk for higher reward which very much includes pve.

The faction only creates activity as it is. Activity is what the servers need not trying to force people out for playing in a way some might not agree with.

• @wolfmanbush watch the emissary explained video it says and I quote “a sinister lot who love battle and bloodshed and would like nothing more than to burn the other emissaries to the ground!”

• @captain-wolf348 correct, but the reapers want to deprive the other trading companies of loot, not just stolen, but all of it.

@wolfmanbush watch the emissary explained video it says and I quote “a sinister lot who love battle and bloodshed and would like nothing more than to burn the other emissaries to the ground!”

we disagree on the foundation that reapers was built on but for the sake of conversation I will go with it being designed strictly for pvp

what does this game gain by reducing activity by being strict with gameplay and content?

Reapers carry the servers with higher risk activity and higher loot production that isn't just lurking the shadows.

What do we gain from it?

@wolfmanbush watch the emissary explained video it says and I quote “a sinister lot who love battle and bloodshed and would like nothing more than to burn the other emissaries to the ground!”

Where does that say. “Pvp only?” It just says they wish to burn the other emissary factions. Meaning they disagree with them and hate them.

But again. The game is built around the player choice and how they wanna play.
    So if someone plays reaper as a non aggressive, so be it.

Meanwhile, GH can go full Pvp and hunt for other GH and steal there gold/loot.

As for the OP
    I got nothing but disagree.

• Ok everyone seems to be missing the point I was trying to make; I’m-not saying that reapers can’t do pve at all! Im saying that they should only be rewarded extra gold and rep for pvp loot only!

Ok everyone seems to be missing the point I was trying to make; I’m-not saying that reapers can’t do pve at all! Im saying that they should only be rewarded extra gold and rep for pvp loot only!

It's a nerf. A nerf designed specifically to run off pve.

It's not a balance nerf because reapers during the organic experience is balanced quite well. It's specifically a nerf aimed at pve because of your preferences. It's like getting rid of shipwreck voyages and saying "merchants can still go collect snakes"

• So you want to nerf the only reason people hunt down Reapers so Reapers can be less popular overall?

Reapers are one of the easiest loot stackers to FIND in the game, unlike the other emissaries that are hidden from the map unlike a Reaper emissary. As a non-Reaper Emissary you're only in trouble if a non-Reaper hunter sees your ship and flag within view distance, which is a fair balance, but also a game of chance for the hunters. Reaper's are an easy Point A to Point B that gets them some intense, hard to win fights, both on the hunter's end and the Reaper's end. The PvP comes to the reaper that continues to roam with a high grade up.

As for Athena, the Grade 5 perk should really just be selling world event-specific loot to the Mysterious Stranger awarding a smidge of Athena Reputation instead of gold (+ offer of the emissary voyage), at least a revision to what was done around the tail end of the recent Legends Week.

Views
10 out of 11