Ok hear me out! Throwable treasure?

• Look I feel like this feature should be a no brainer. Any small treasures that fit in one hand should be able to be thrown. Ie. Hold down the aim/give button, then hit the fire button. Treasure is launched through the air ready to land on the dock or in the hands of a teammate. Bigger items such as chests and powder kegs should be able to be tossed in the same manner but a much shorter distance, only 6 feet or so. I think this would make for a good quality of life improvement and lead the way for some interesting commendations. Thoughts?

Views
  • Large items should not be able to be thrown. You light a keg, throw it and run back. Too powerful a weapon.

As for small items it would make stealing to powerfull.

• Wait , throwing treasure chests that are filled to the top with gold ? Wow , i don't want to think on the agony and pain to my toes if i miss the catch ...Ouch....;)

• Yes for small objects, no for chests. Considering the weight of gold a chest would be too heavy to throw 1ft nvm 6. Thats why we cant sprint with any thing.

• @deathvessle I did say toss for the heavier objects, like a few feet. Enough that if you are on the ship and have a powder keg, you can toss it overboard without hitting the side of your ship, or if you have a chest and are right beside the dock you can lob it over the side onto the dock without having to jump up onto the railing of your ship to make sure it hits the dock below lol

• @anubis0311 said in Ok hear me out! Throwable treasure?:

@deathvessle I did say toss for the heavier objects, like a few feet. Enough that if you are on the ship and have a powder keg, you can toss it overboard without hitting the side of your ship, or if you have a chest and are right beside the dock you can lob it over the side onto the dock without having to jump up onto the railing of your ship to make sure it hits the dock below lol

I couldagree with a 1 - 2 foot heavy toss with the exemption of kegs, someone already said it, tossable kegs would be too OP.

• To choose between tossing the smaller loot or to carry 3 smaller loot in a treasure chest?

If you ask me, the latter makes the former redundant.

• @galactic-geek said in Ok hear me out! Throwable treasure?:

To choose between tossing the smaller loot or to carry 3 smaller loot in a treasure chest?

I agree but you gotta admit some times you just want to chuck a adorned recepticle at soomeone.

• @deathvessle said in Ok hear me out! Throwable treasure?:

@galactic-geek said in Ok hear me out! Throwable treasure?:

To choose between tossing the smaller loot or to carry 3 smaller loot in a treasure chest?

I agree but you gotta admit some times you just want to chuck a adorned recepticle at soomeone.

Kind of like a quarterback throwing the football to his running back just before he gets sacked. 🏈

• @deathvessle Just chuck a Blunderbomb at them and move on. Harpoon are in the game probably because tossing treasure is not possible.

• @anubis0311
    I love this Idea, absolutely agree it's a no-brainer.

@miserenz Absolutely agree about heavy gold chests not being able to be thrown or large kegs, how ever to be able to throw skulls and other small items would be a fantastic quality off life feature.
    As for making stealing them more powerful, Not really who ever doesnt sink takes the loot usually any which way it plays out, so this argument isn't valid sorry.

mrstudpu
    beep, boop, boop-boop

• @galactic-geek the treasure chest still has its place. I’m not saying you can take the skull and throw it from your ship all the way to the order. Chests are still a necessary way to consolidate and transport. Especially in areas like the sunken shrines. But It’d be nice for those times that your boat moved a few feet to far from the dock and you can just chunk them onto the dock. Just small improvements, it doesn’t have to be some huge gameplay changing feature. Just like the shutters on the sloop. They serve almost no purpose but it’s a nice little interactive thing you can do.

• @anubis0311 said in Ok hear me out! Throwable treasure?:

@galactic-geek the treasure chest still has its place. I’m not saying you can take the skull and throw it from your ship all the way to the order. Chests are still a necessary way to consolidate and transport. Especially in areas like the sunken shrines. But It’d be nice for those times that your boat moved a few feet to far from the dock and you can just chunk them onto the dock. Just small improvements, it doesn’t have to be some huge gameplay changing feature. Just like the shutters on the sloop. They serve almost no purpose but it’s a nice little interactive thing you can do.

I worry about the physics element. How would that work? Most items vanish and reappear down on the ground below you when you let them go. Bombs can be thrown, but I imagine if it were implemented similarly to that, the distance would be considerably less. But what about when it lands? Will it freeze in place? Fall over? Roll? What if I could roll it in addition to throwing it (kind of like a grenade in some games)? How will the additional physics, if any, affect the server performance? 🤔

• @galactic-geek I thought the very same thing. So being that objects already disappear and reappear on the ground it wouldn’t be so reality breaking to just have whatever object you throw, just stick to the ground like normal, but fly through the air like a grenade or firebomb. I feel adding too much actual physics to the object would just cause too many problems.

• I don’t think I can agree on this one although it is interesting.

I would however like to be able to sprint with small objects or carry one in each hand or both.

• I would just like to be able to lob a keg a foot or two. I've always loved the idea of dropping sea mines on a trailing ship, but the current system to do that is just bad. Having to hop on the rail and essentially rely on horrible loot dropping physics shouldn't be a thing. To be clear, changing game physics isn't really an easy task and I doubt things will change. Simply being able to lob large chests and kegs a 2-3ft. feet would be a nice feature. It would even make offloading loot a bit easier instead of the current system of having to point the tip over and rely on poor drop loot physics or having to literally carry loot by hand to get it on the dock.

Views
15 out of 16