Fresh Water

• I'm not sure if anyone else has suggested this, but maybe we could use our tankards to collect water from ponds on islands? I also thought maybe there could be a "Fresh Water Barrel" next to the grog on our ships we could take from as well. Maybe it could prioritize our regeneration bar as opposed to our health bar? This is just an idea I wanted to throw out there.

Views
  • @lucky11 Free regeneration? Nah...

• @galactic-geek Fishing is literally free regeneration. It takes like 30 seconds to catch a fish and 60 seconds to cook ut. By far faster than visiting an island, getting fresh water to fill the regeneration bar.

• @tek-lt but why add something into the game that’s already been covered? No need to rehash the same concept if regeneration is already easy to come by.

• Maybe it can reverse the drunk effect? My galleon crew always pick the wrong time to drink there grog.

• @tek-lt said in Fresh Water:

@galactic-geek Fishing is literally free regeneration. It takes like 30 seconds to catch a fish and 60 seconds to cook ut. By far faster than visiting an island, getting fresh water to fill the regeneration bar.

The difference is working for it. To get the regeneration from fish, you have to take the time to catch and cook it; if it's in a barrel on your ship, then that's free, becsuse you don't have to do anything to earn it.

• @beatrman said in Fresh Water:

Maybe it can reverse the drunk effect? My galleon crew always pick the wrong time to drink there grog.

To reverse drunkenness, have a crewmate splash you with water. Either that, or go swim in the deep end. Both will sober you up.

• @ninja-naranja
    I guess I would say that bananas, planks, firebombs, blunderbombs, and cannons are already stocked on your boat when you spawn in. You have the option of obtaining more of these items or even better versions of them (i.e. pineapples or cursed cannonballs). However, there currently is nothing readily available to re-stock on regeneration when you spawn into a server. (to @tek-lt's point, you have to go out of your way to obtain regeneration through fishing or hunting). I understand where @galactic-geek is coming from, but I think fresh water on a ship is not only historically accurate but also helps provide a safety net for players over the course of there session; it offers an alternative way to obtain regeneration as opposed to cooking meat or fish. I'm sure there could be a better use for fresh water in the game, I just think it is a missed opportunity for us not to be able to use the well on Crescent Isle or any of the water towers on some of the outposts. I figured a "Water Barrel" on our ships made sense as, for the most part, there isn't much we can do on an outpost that we can't do on our ship (i.e. the grog or food barrels).

• @lucky11 said in Fresh Water:

@ninja-naranja
    I guess I would say that bananas, planks, firebombs, blunderbombs, and cannons are already stocked on your boat when you spawn in. You have the option of obtaining more of these items or even better versions of them (i.e. pineapples or cursed cannonballs). However, there currently is nothing readily available to re-stock on regeneration when you spawn into a server. (to @tek-lt's point, you have to go out of your way to obtain regeneration through fishing or hunting). I understand where @galactic-geek is coming from, but I think fresh water on a ship is not only historically accurate but also helps provide a safety net for players over the course of there session; it offers an alternative way to obtain regeneration as opposed to cooking meat or fish. I'm sure there could be a better use for fresh water in the game, I just think it is a missed opportunity for us not to be able to use the well on Crescent Isle or any of the water towers on some of the outposts. I figured a "Water Barrel" on our ships made sense as, for the most part, there isn't much we can do on an outpost that we can't do on our ship (i.e. the grog or food barrels).

The last thing this Sea is is historically accurate. In any case, if you make regeneration that easy to obtain, it automatically makes all other methods to obtain it inferior.

• @galactic-geek
    Agreed, the Sea of Thieves is sandwiched somewhere between Tortuga Tavern and Monkey Island as far as fiction goes. I just think something that coincidentally corresponds with real life isn't going to hurt anything. :)

In my opinion, I think adding fresh water would only add options. My suggestion was that the ability to drink fresh water would only increase your regeneration, not your health. Drinking water may help you in the long run, sure, but it definitely wouldn't have an immediate impact. (you'd be at the mercy of waiting for the regeneration bar to transfer to your health meter). In a fight, for instance, meat and fish would obviously help with regenerative and healing properties whereas drinking water would only help with regeneration (you'd have to decide for yourself what resources would be most beneficial to you depending on the circumstances of the battle). Again, I'm sure someone else may have a better idea of how to potentially implement this, I just have always been a fan of more options for Sea of Thieves especially when it comes to resources.

• Maybe if it gave you only a little hp during a full grog so you can hp up on an island if you don't want to waste food but it takes longer so you can't abuse it in pvp, and no storing it on ship. Also no overheal, otherwise fishing would be pointless. Otherwise no.

• @liljimothy2306
    That could work! Maybe it could also work in a similar fashion to sleeping; it would only allot a certain percent of regeneration over a prolonged period of time.

Views
1 out of 12