Athena Hideout Concept

• Athena Hideout concept

Hello fellow pirates tis me first post so please bare with me.. Tis a long one so lower ye anchor and raise ye sails.

So, I kind of just thought of a cool idea/concept that incorporates a function that was supposed to be in the game as well as supposed rumors for some upcoming pirate legend content that has brewing since the release of season 6.

My thought was a way to finally incorporate pirate legends spawning with their ship into the Athena’s hideout. This was an idea that was originally supposed to be in the game but developers scrapped and I can understand why. However, with recent news of a new Athenas fortune quest on the horizon - and what that could entail - I found a decent way that they could use this function.

From what some players are suggesting, it sounds like rare may be trying to incorporate the sea of the Damned into the new pirate legend quest. With this and using some functions already in game, I believe a great way that spawning in the hideout could work is upon stetting sail (out of athena hideout) it gives an option to the player to either choose setting sail into the sea of the damned or setting sail into the sea of thieves. This would allow pirate legends to have a head start on the supposed quest if they choose the sea of the damned. They could easily incorporate this by using the portals that are already in the game from a pirates life. Even going as far as adding a portal in Athena’s hideout.

I personally believe they could use this in continuity to the story as Athena’s hideout could serve as a “world between worlds” for the legends of the living and the dead. Adding a portal of the same design as a pirates life inside the hideout would keep the continuity of the game as well as give the player the option/opportunity to leave with their ship. Giving them the choice between the sea of the damned and sea of thieves would solidify this story and add explanation to why the ghosts and people are in the hideout. As of right now there is only a portal that gives access into the Athena’s hideout and it goes to the “living” sea of thieves however their are ghosts of pirate legends hanging out in the tavern. I know that the ferry of the damned accommodates this “bridge” however I have always thought of it as a mere vessel not quite the spot between the two.

I unfortunately do not believe that this would be added in the near future as they would have to completely revamp how the Athena’s hideout is currently set up (I believe that there is only one per server). They would have to add at the very least 5 new/copied locations to accommodate all of the ships in the lobby which would be adding more stress on what the servers can handle. I also understand how I could be completely off on the possibility that the new Athena mission will involve being in the sea of the damned but regardless tis still a concept.

But yeah that’s all I got. Apologies for any poor grammar and if it’s hard to follow.

I really would love to hear what the communities thoughts are and what feedback you all come up with.

Views
communityfeedbackstory & lore
1 out of 1