"British" Faction

• Here's an idea. This is very far fetched, but what if the game had some sort of Military Faction, such as a British Faction. Think like the Pirates of the Caribbean.

You could have a wanted level, and this factions galleons or brigs could hunt you down, or hire players in the server to track the wanted a for a bounty.

These factions would need a place of origin, so a port city would be awesome. Port Royale would be an awesome place to base it of off. I personally think the game needs more things to do at Outposts that would be enjoyable, like betting, or bar fighting, which is where I think the "places of origin" would come into play.

Roaming NPCs would be awesome aswell, like "townsfolk", it would just make the game feel more lively. With this Roaming NPC mechanic, you could have merchant trader NPC ships that a player can raid or even help, the choice of course changing a wanted level.

These are just some ideas my friends and I thought would be a fun idea. They are just ideas that we would live to see, or things you guys could build off of. Love the game, love the work. Thank you for having an amazing game community!

Views
    story & loregeneralevents
  • Once upon a time, long ago, Rare specifically stated that they would not add in flags of countries because of the animosity it might bring into the Sea as 1 country's pirates may have outside disdain for another country's pirates - for example, how the British might feel about the Irish. To this point, I was proud at how many nations were represented without actually being named, such as Admiral=British, Sovereign=Spanish, Ashen Dragon=Japanese, Lunar=Chinese, etc. within the Sea...

...but then Rare up and ruined it by specifically adding in Spanish Sea Forts. 🤦‍♂️

• The Grand Maritime Union (GMU) is basically the substitute in Sea of Thieves lore for what I think you’re getting at.
    And that would be awesome! I always thought they’d be the first to establish Stone forts in the game. But I loved the clever Ghostly shortcut Rare took instead.

My prediction is that the GMU will arrive late in the games life cycle. Modernity coming to threaten the Pirates Life.

Once the big bad magical threats are defeated, the human threats will come to destroy everything we hold dear. And take the magic from the world. Killing the kraken forever, etc.

Lead characters will betray their friends to sign up to the faction. It will be epic and brutal and sad.

It sounds bleak really… but there’s always a fun solution. E.g the head of the GMU starts using magic and accidentally turns his army into zombies… then it’s our job to save the rest of the world from zombies before they can escape into the normal world again. Idunno man. I’ll stop writing now.

• Sail as merchant, stack tea, wear a blue or red admiral outfit with a powdered wig, tell people it's just good business. You're the British faction rep ;). Yes I've done this.

• i dont think they should add military factions....peace

• @rodeo-fireman I think the wanted level part is cool, it's interesting.

• @galactic-geek I mean now that they ripped that bandaid could be fun to add actual flags to the game now!

• @nitroxien said in "British" Faction:

@galactic-geek I mean now that they ripped that bandaid could be fun to add actual flags to the game now!

Tread carefully - those waters be mighty dangerous.

• Bad idea because as an American I'd be forced to fly the American flag at all times and make fun of the British every time I see them and stereotype people mercilessly.

I'd be forced to this unironically too because everyone else would do it to me anyway.

• @galactic-geek
    Boh-le o’ wa’er
    Chewsday
    Tea and crumpets

Hoh hoh hoh, CWASSON

• @mostexpendable maybe stay clear of the caffeine and illegal substances when plot scripting... lol

• I think we can make an exception for the Spanish Navy and other historical empires which existed in the Golden Age of Piracy; after all, it's very well known that the Spanish had vast treasure fleets which crisscrossed the Caribbean and Atlantic, ferrying riches.

The thing which we should avoid is bringing present-day nations and politics into the mix.

• @hijack-hayes said in "British" Faction:

@mostexpendable maybe stay clear of the caffeine and illegal substances when plot scripting... lol

No

• @betrayer244 bro I'm American and I would be 100 percent down to fly a British flag and pretend to drink tea and have wooden teeth.

• @avacadobeard244 said in "British" Faction:

@betrayer244 bro I'm American and I would be 100 percent down to fly a British flag and pretend to drink tea and have wooden teeth.

See, that right there might be a problem. You're promoting a stereotype, and British players themselves might take offense to that.

• @galactic-geek i don't think they would, or already they shouldn't.. people In today's world get offended far too easily and making fun of certain ethnicities has become more politically correct than others... if someone was to make a joke about Americans being reneck hipsters most every American would be fine with it and so would the rest of the world but if it's the other way around then people claim to get offended.

But I do understand your point and if it does offend you i will delete the post. (Sorry to make this political)

• @avacadobeard244 said in "British" Faction:

@galactic-geek i don't think they would, or already they shouldn't.. people In today's world get offended far too easily and making fun of certain ethnicities has become more politically correct than others... if someone was to make a joke about Americans being reneck hipsters most every American would be fine with it and so would the rest of the world but if it's the other way around then people claim to get offended.

But I do understand your point and if it does offend you i will delete the post. (Sorry to make this political)

It does not offend me, so you don't have to worry about that. 😉

• @galactic-geek said in "British" Faction:

@avacadobeard244 said in "British" Faction:

@betrayer244 bro I'm American and I would be 100 percent down to fly a British flag and pretend to drink tea and have wooden teeth.

See, that right there might be a problem. You're promoting a stereotype, and British players themselves might take offense to that.

As a British person I can confirm I am not offended.

Lol

• @ottyman8687 Well, of course it's not going to be ALL British; more like SOME British. Just keep in mind, the most negative pirates are also usually the loudest.

• For the most part I would like to keep rl "factions" out of the game.
    It's just opening a can of worms.

• @ottyman8687 Love ur accent btw

• @talvheet said in "British" Faction:

For the most part I would like to keep rl "factions" out of the game.
    It's just opening a can of worms.

You'd be surprised at just how many pirates have been asking for a can of worms. 😅

Views
story & loregeneralevents
23 out of 24