Gifting the Plunder Pass

• Hey all,

I am looking to gift a plunder pass, and am not 100% sure where I go and what information I will need from the other person.
    Is it the gamer tag (As in game) or is it an email address for the account.
    Where do I go to do this?

Thank you in advance

Views
    xbox onequestioncommunitygeneral
  • @hulkyplays sagte in Gifting the Plunder Pass:

Hey all,

I am looking to gift a plunder pass, and am not 100% sure where I go and what information I will need from the other person.

Thank you in advance

Afaik you can just gift him the money, the Ancient coins, through the MS store/Steam store and he needs to get the pass with that money by himself
    For MS/XBox store: search for Sea of Thieves...look for buyable DLC's...there should be Ancient Coin packages...there should be an option "buy as gift"

• @schwammlgott said in Gifting the Plunder Pass:

@hulkyplays sagte in Gifting the Plunder Pass:

Hey all,

Thank you in advance

Afaik you can just gift him the money, the Ancient coins, through the MS store/Steam store and he needs to get the pass with that money by himself
    For MS/XBox store: search for Sea of Thieves...look for buyable DLC's...there should be Ancient Coin packages...there should be an option "buy as gift"

Microsoft Store doesn't let you buy Ancient Coin as a gift, but you can buy the Plunder Pass as a gift. This restriction might be different depending on region though?

I don't think Steam lets you buy either of these as gifts.

• @d3adst1ck sagte in Gifting the Plunder Pass:

@schwammlgott said in Gifting the Plunder Pass:

Hey all,

Thank you in advance

Microsoft Store doesn't let you buy Ancient Coin as a gift, but you can buy the Plunder Pass as a gift. This restriction might be different depending on region though?

It's in the XBox store but not buyable as a gift? That's weird...
    What's with those combi packs (AC and some cosmetics)? Are those "giftable"?
    That option to gift the plunder pass, is that ingame?

• @schwammlgott said in Gifting the Plunder Pass:

@d3adst1ck sagte in Gifting the Plunder Pass:

@schwammlgott said in Gifting the Plunder Pass:

Hey all,

Thank you in advance

It's in the XBox store but not buyable as a gift? That's weird...
    What's with those combi packs (AC and some cosmetics)? Are those "giftable"?
    That option to gift the plunder pass, is that ingame?

The bundles are giftable, as is the Plunder Pass, but the coins by themselves are not. This is through the website. I don't think there is gift options in-game at all.

• @d3adst1ck so there is a seperate option for the plunder pass in the XBox store? Didn't know that...thanks

• They really need to streamline the gifting process and get it in game. Going through all these different avenues that each have different options is a mess.

• Select retailer(s) sell Ancient Coins via digital code packs that you can find on their web sites. These cards require the Xbox or Windows version of the game to redeem.

The pricing at Bestbuy is the same as Xbox. However, the pricing at amazon, gamestop, walmart and target is double that of Xbox.

The end user may be better off with an Xbox Gift Cad so they can potentially take advantage of Xbox Live Rewards cashback, Bing Rebates cashback and the Game Pass Discount.

If they play the game on Steam then you can buy gift card for the Steam store.

• @the-crazy-beard said in Gifting the Plunder Pass:

Select retailer(s) sell Ancient Coins via digital code packs that you can find on their web sites.

The pricing at Bestbuy is the same as Xbox. However, the pricing at amazon, gamestop, walmart and target is double that of Xbox.

The end user may be better off with an Xbox Gift Cad so they can potentially take advantage of Xbox Live Rewards cashback, Bing Rebates cashback and the Game Pass Discount.

Assuming he isn't playing on Steam !!

Can't buy something on MS store and then have it added on your account on Steam or vv.

• SO I got a reply from Rare themselves, Unusual I know but i did.
    No gifting options as such. You can gift on the MS store but you will need the other persons email address to do so. This is not cross region though. So like me, I was planning on a giveaway on my stream, that makes it very hard. You can't gift AC so that rules that out.
    There's no gifting in game like most other games.
    You can gift the plunder pass in Steam, if they use steam to launch the game.

Its very broken, and considering its size, and the fact we're on season 6 and all the events previous, this needs to be a thing by now.

So there's the Tea guys and gals. Gifting needs a degree! lol

• @hulkyplays how do you gift the plunder pass through steam?

• @hulkyplays said in Gifting the Plunder Pass:

SO I got a reply from Rare themselves, Unusual I know but i did.
    No gifting options as such. You can gift on the MS store but you will need the other persons email address to do so. This is not cross region though. So like me, I was planning on a giveaway on my stream, that makes it very hard. You can't gift AC so that rules that out.

If you select the Gift option on the Xbox store for the Plunder Pass you can choose either someone on your Friends list or email address.

It may be easier to offer an Xbox or Steam gift card or purchase one of the Ancient Coin packs sold at various retailers.

The winner can switch Xbox regions in the console settings during redemption.

Otherwise limit the available regions where winners can be located or offer an alternative prize.

Views
xbox onequestioncommunitygeneral
1 out of 12