Master of Cursed Iron Commendation

• Hello all I was just after some advise on the Commendation mentioned on the title of this post ' Master of Cursed Iron'

It reads kill skeleton/phantoms whilst they are in effect of a cursed cannon ball.

Simple I thought, I'd collect green cursed cannon balls, roll up to an island,gather skellies and or phantoms that spawn, return to the ship, hit them with the cursed ball, confirm they are in effect, follow it up with iron cannon balls kill them. Jobs done.
    I've even sword/blunderbuss and fire bombed them to death while effected but for the life of me the Commendation tracker has not budged one figure. What's going on? Is it SoT? Is it me? I've seen videos, and posts showing how it's done, and it's no different to my methods. Yet I began with 21/50 and that figure remains the same after vanquishing at least 30 more...

Id love to have the ' fearless bone crusher ' figurehead but the Commendation it's locked behind seems broken.

Any one have an idea of what's happening?

Views
  • Just an update on this, logged in and out no different.

Made a new account and completed the maiden voyage. Played in adventure with the new account, did the same as above with 2 green cursed balls, killed skeletons no commendation change, none.

I earnt commendations from other tasks such as Mercenary Voyages and Legends of the sea so it's unlocking and tracking Some but not 'The Cursed Crews' commendations.

Any Mod or Knowledgeable member know of why or when it's going to begin tracking again?

I remember a notice on the main menue stating that achievement progress tracker wasn't updating but your progress was still counting. Is this issue related?

• @donny-b3ast that message was for achievements, not for commendations...
    So, some didn't count? Or none? Maybe write a support ticket...

• No actions have counted towards any commendations under ' the cursed crew' under Bilge Rats in the Rep section on my account or a brand new one, other commendations are tracking just not the one I want!

• Sounds like a bug, you should file a support ticket.

• @ninja-naranja said in Master of Cursed Iron Commendation:

Sounds like a bug, you should file a support ticket.

Raised support ticket and it's in the works. Keep you all posted.

• @donny-b3ast you just have to make sure you kill them while the green aurora is still around them…once its gone it doesnt count

• @madfrito99

They were all still effected by the balls, I was sure to sight that before I fired, I smashed in excess of 30 in half an hour to still have my counter remain at 21/50 like I said though I even created a brand new pirate account and did the same thing with a Rowboat cannon, they were most definitely effected when they crumbled into dust and bones. Hopefully it's resolved soon and I can rock my new figure head. 🥳

• @donny-b3ast i got this commedation about a month ago so i know it works…very strange

• @madfrito99

I'm sure I was getting commendations for killing them with cursed balls last week but it wasn't something I was paying attention to, but I recall up on the top left of the screen it had mentioned something about it when I had destroyed some effected skellies. I might even restart the TT I was doing at the time and see if it kicks it in the butt.

• @donny-b3ast If i remember correctly you need to have the reaper flag on while doing it, not emisssary flag, actual reaper flag.

• @faceyourdemon said in Master of Cursed Iron Commendation:

@donny-b3ast If i remember correctly you need to have the reaper flag on while doing it, not emisssary flag, actual reaper flag.

I don't think so. At least, me and my crew didn't have to...?

There are some commendations where you have to run the Reaper's Mark flag and then curse player ships, but for the one where you have to curse and kill PvE enemies you don't need the flag.

• I have been attempting MOCI for days and haven't recieved any progress. Tested again this morning at least 4 times. It does seem to be broken.

• @morgul46 are you flying the reapers mark? not the emissary. also the skeletons must have the green aurora around them while being killed…easy way to do this is get any green cursed ball…do a oos voyage..have someone on your crew go on land and bring the skelies towards the boat..,shoot the cursed ball then switch to cannon ball to kill

• @madfrito99 nvm reapers mark not needed

• Yep. Still broken and no reply from support team just yet.

• Lurking with the same problem.

• I’m having this same issue as well. Not accounting for my kills while they’re affected by the curse ball effect. This is day three trying to do the commendation. If anyone has any suggests please help.

• Hi ! Same problem here !

Had some green balls, shot them at skellies on the beach, they had the green aura around them, so destroyed them with regular cannonballs and nothing. I broke like 10 of them and I had 1/50. Went back today, and nothing added to the counter. I even detonated a ked one of them had, while they had the green aura so they were all instantly killed, but nothing.

Waiting for an update on this topic, I hope you have an answer from Support Team @DONNY-B3AST

• This probably won't be fixed until the February update, so make sure you are submitting support tickets so that it gets noticed.

• Good new for me!

The support team have responded and were generously able to adjust my commendation.
    From the response I received the support team are notifying the respective departments about this and hopefully we will all see a fix to this in the future.

• Still dont work for me:(

• Yeah, it’s like bricked broken for me. Over the last month or so.. not one lip registered. I’m froze at 44 and have killed 3x that in the last month alone

• Can confirm tried to get a crewmate this yesterday trying with a variety of green curses with none of them working.

• Upvote the original comment to make this issue more visible, and go filling some Support Tickets !

• Has it been fixed yet?

• I have noticed this counter not going up as well. I am just too lazy to care ;)

• Master of cursed iron doesn't require Reapers mark...I only know because I worked towards it so I could get the cool black kraken figurehead recently. It might have been on one of the days when things weren't tracking like they were supposed to. Unfortunately that does happen from time to time.

• As this thread was months old and revived today, it will now be locked.

A general reminder to all, please avoid reviving threads aged past 30 days, as it is considered a necro, and is against our Forum Rules.

Bumping Threads
    Bumping threads with content that is not providing additional information to the original post is not permitted. Resurrecting very old threads is also not permitted. A warning will be issued and the thread locked. Ignoring the warning will result in a temporary ban from the Forums and a final warning. If the action continues, a permanent ban from the Forums will be issued.

Views
2 out of 29