Microsoft buying Activision Blizzard for near $69 billion

• It's even official already!

?

This is insane! Right as Blizzard had so many issues and were facing an actual crisis. Great timing by Microsoft! Really got my hopes up and already can't wait for what's to come!

Let's see if Blizzard's legendary games can shine once more!

Views
  • Is this the only way they could get rid of Bobby Kotick?

• can't wait to use my pirate for chaos and baal runs

• /me looks at names of Gaming Leadership Team

/me wonders why Matt Booty isn't among the names of Skeletal Captains

Or are they telling him they named an Island after him ?

• @greengrimz yeah, this is really insane...not a big CoD player here, my last one was actually Modern Warfare 2 on the XBox360...but I did like the campain...
    Gamepass is already awesome, and now it just gets bigger and bigger

• @d3adst1ck said in Microsoft buying Activision Blizzard for near $69 billion:

Is this the only way they could get rid of Bobby Kotick?

Unfortunately, I think I read Kotick was going to stay for now, but will report to XboX games CEO, so he will not be able to poison as much as before.

• @wolfmanbush said in Microsoft buying Activision Blizzard for near $69 billion:

can't wait to use my pirate for chaos and baal runs

World of Warcraft on XboX? :D

• @greengrimz sagte in Microsoft buying Activision Blizzard for near $69 billion:

@wolfmanbush said in Microsoft buying Activision Blizzard for near $69 billion:

Controller button layout overload...if that works well?

• @schwammlgott said in Microsoft buying Activision Blizzard for near $69 billion:

@greengrimz yeah, this is really insane...not a big CoD player here, my last one was actually Modern Warfare 2 on the XBox360...but I did like the campain...
    Gamepass is already awesome, and now it just gets bigger and bigger

I'm not a CoD fan too, but WoW is something I've played for 17 years straight. Even professionally at some point, with contracted sponsors and all.

Really hope MS will bring back some of the brightness and glory to Blizz's games, and that this is not just the next oligarch business deal.

• @schwammlgott said in Microsoft buying Activision Blizzard for near $69 billion:

@greengrimz sagte in Microsoft buying Activision Blizzard for near $69 billion:

@wolfmanbush said in Microsoft buying Activision Blizzard for near $69 billion:

Controller button layout overload...if that works well?

Actually, character abilities have been drastically pruned over the years. If you needed 30 buttons to play your class back in the day, now you need just about 10 or so (not even overkilling it).

Some time ago it was even speculated that Blizz had done that because they were preparing WoW for console port. Yesterday many people were joking that Blizz had played the long game wih that move, ahahhhah!

• @greengrimz said in Microsoft buying Activision Blizzard for near $69 billion:

@d3adst1ck said in Microsoft buying Activision Blizzard for near $69 billion:

Unfortunately, I think I read Kotick was going to stay for now, but will report to XboX games CEO, so he will not be able to poison as much as before.

I think he'll probably bail and float away on his golden parachute. I can't see him sticking around after the deal closes in a new position that would basically be a demotion. At least we can hope he's never to be heard from again.

• @d3adst1ck said in Microsoft buying Activision Blizzard for near $69 billion:

@greengrimz said in Microsoft buying Activision Blizzard for near $69 billion:

I think he'll probably bail and float away on his golden parachute. I can't see him sticking around after the deal closes in a new position that would basically be a demotion. At least we can hope he's never to be heard from again.

Bad news though:

alt text

At least for now, he seems to be staying. Let's hope eventually you'll turn out to be right.

• and they got candy crush don't forget .. :D can't wait to see that shipset . or kegs blowing up and candy going everywhere and the voice "sugar crush"

• @greengrimz said in Microsoft buying Activision Blizzard for near $69 billion:

Bobby Kotick is only going to be the CEO until the deal finalizes in 2023, then he will be removed and fired as Activison Blizzard will be answering to Microsoft's CEO.

Views
1 out of 14