Pc players on Xbox servers

• I can't stand pc players on Xbox servers as there is no fair fight here. They are faster in everyway and makes the game less enjoyable, there load in times seems faster than Xbox and the capabilities are endless for them.

Views
  • @waynetta999 said in Pc players on Xbox servers:

I can't stand pc players on Xbox servers as there is no fair fight here. They are faster in everyway and makes the game less enjoyable, there load in times seems faster than Xbox and the capabilities are endless for them.

Do you have "XboX only servers" option enabled?

• @waynetta999 said in Pc players on Xbox servers:

I can't stand pc players on Xbox servers

No such thing. It's a preference, not a guarantee.

• For what it's worth, new gen console players can play on Xbox+Controller servers. A Series X can outperform a lot of high end PCs and even the Series S is insanely capable. I run my Series X on a high end gaming monitor and can do 120fps and play on Xbox only servers where the last gen consoles are limited to a measley 30fps.

I say all that to stress that, unless you have proof that they are playing on PC and loopholing the system somehow, load times and player skill are not an indicator.

IMO, Xbox only servers are a much tougher environment to PvE in than open servers. Sure, the ceiling of the ultra sweaty players may not be as high, but it's still a VERY high ceiling. Remember, Xbox only servers are not the default setting for anyone. You have to not only know about the matchmaking option, but also understand why you would select it, which means you're probably somewhat seasoned at the game. You're certainly not fresh off the maiden voyage.

Xbox servers are filled with 2 types of players. Those that think they're safer from PvP, and those that hunt those that think they're safer from PvP.

Truth be told, when my buddy and I are looking to strictly hunt Emissaries and want an "easy mode"...we head over to Xbox only servers. It seems like way more people run Emissaries on Xbox only servers...again, probably because they feel safer and because they're not new to the game.

• Ahoy!

As already stated earlier in the thread, there is the option to set your preference to controller-only servers which will try to match you with players on a similar playing field.

This is only a preference and not guaranteed, so you may still end up on a server with mouse and keyboard players.

You can not 100% guarantee a controller-only server.

Before you launch a game, go settings (Y button) and down to matchmaking. Here you can set up preferences for adventure and arena.

As already stated though, this is not guaranteed.

I play on PC but with a controller and yes, the skillset is higher, especially if they are on mouse and keyboard, but I practice, I turn up my sensitivity and embrace the challenge to become a better pirate.

There are several other threads on this topic on the Forums with the solutions given so I will be dropping anchor here.

Thanks,
    j0toro

Views
1 out of 5