Minimap

• the option would be OPTIONAL, if you want to use use, if not, don't use.

I understand that a lot of people would not want to have a map locating where you are on each island... but a minimap could be optional... it would make the game easier especially to find treasures that are very difficult to find.

Views
  • Part of the point of digging up treasure is finding it with a mini map you remove that I get it’s easy to get lost on the larger islands but to be fair there’s only a hand full of them and their pretty easy to find your way around, also the treasure maps are very detailed once you find the right area it won’t take long to dig it up…what I’d like to see is more complex treasure maps something that’s more of a cross of the riddles and X marks the spot

• I remember someone suggested that you should be able to go down to the map table on your ship and "tear off" the map for whatever island you were at.

I really liked this idea since you'd have to remember to go back and get one for every island so it wouldn't be too overpowered.

• Honestly i think this would make the whole 'Pirate' theme less piratey because at that time period there weren't any minimap's and in my opinion the minimap would defeat the whole pirate theme's purpose

• Sea of ​​Thieves is not a game that takes you by the hand and makes you do things. It's not made to make everything easy, he's made to immerse us in a pirate's life. Pirates didn't have a minimap.

One thing that could be added is a kind of zoom when we take the map in our hand, as if we were bringing it closer to the face to see the image better.

• @targasbr a zoom would be more than enough and the minimap idea would be discarded...

• @szenn1 have you ever tried having one person on the map table and the other carry a reaper chest and just tell them where to go from their position. Then you can just go get the reaper chest after
    Edit: very helpful on larger islands

• would make the game easier especially to find treasures that are very difficult to find.

You have a treasure “Map” already. When doing said hunts.

• Not having a “go here” mark, or a mini map is what made me enjoy this game. That feeling of accomplishment is unrivaled in any other game.

The first time I read the first shroudbreaker journal. I was very weary of my understanding of what I was supposed to do. We set sail any way. Right around where I thought they’d thrown the chest overboard, I jump off my boat and see the chest lying on the ocean floor!!!!

I will never get enough of that. Please not easier.

• Idk, I like the empty interface, less of a distraction and helps with immersion.

• As said above , zooming in (2x ?) a treasure map would be enough.

• You don't have to have a minimap, because you already have 1! You carry it in your hands!

You don't need to put a "minimap" closer to your face either because 1) we can already do that, and 2) we can also already get a much closer look with the map table! Either look at it by zooming in very closely to the various spots before going out to dig, or ask a crewmate to guide you while they look at it zoomed in! Don't become a Lazybeard! 😅

Immersion, yo ho! 😁

• I'd say a "zoom" function where you effectively bring the map closer to your face is a very reasonable request. I used to take pride in being able to hit a dig spot on the largest, most complex islands, with minimal effort. My less seasoned crewmates would be in awe at the rate at which I could finish the final chapter of a Thieves Haven Run. I used to be in the camp opposing any "hand holding" or simplification for PvE...but my opinion has changed

Unfortunately, with how much more challenging PvE has gotten with all the emergent threat bullet sponges that have been added to the game, I have some sympathy. On top of that, PvP has gotten easier, faster, more efficient, and sensationalized by every SOT partner out there. Every day there's a new YouTube video being put out on with a title akin to "BEST SoT PvP Tips and Tricks 2021!!" Every meta has been exposed. Every advantage has been defined. Chainshots have an RNG similar to bananas. It just seems like it's harder and harder for newer players to go out, dig up their Marauders chest, return safely back to the outpost, and feel good about their session. I kinda feel bad for new players trying to get into this game.

/Rant

• @millionnewt1528 said in Minimap:

Honestly i think this would make the whole 'Pirate' theme less piratey because at that time period there weren't any minimap's and in my opinion the minimap would defeat the whole pirate theme's purpose

So, you are claiming that there was no handheld map in 1700? I find that hard to believe.

If Rare gave us handheld maps they wouldn’t give us our exact location. It would most likely show us the island we are on and a few grids out showing us the closest island. This would be helpful for crews who sink without knowing where they sank. Yes the crew status tags can pinpoint the exact location where your crew are (assuming they are still at the shipwreck site) but that’s only if the crew has a general location where the ship sank

Views
13 out of 14