A secret hideout for your gold? hmmm...

• This might be an idea for a future season:
    Ok, stay with me on this one;
    In addition to your regular amount of gold you get from the Gold Hoarder, Order of Souls and Reaper voyages when you cash in your loot, You'll get an extra percentage (say 5%) for every chest, trinket, and skull you turn in; and that percentage is stashed in your secret hideout, hidden on any one of the islands in the world of the Sea of Thieves. (Like Glitterbeards hideout) You can only earn the gold while on a voyage from the GH, OOS, or Reaper.
    The trick is to keep your gold safe by having:

1. A complex set of clues to where your hideout is and
    2. Acquire the key to enter your hideout. (Yes, like the fort keys) The more voyages you accept, and the longer your hideout remains a secret, the more extra gold you have to spend at the shops.
      "How do I get the clues to your hideout?" you ask.
      Easy; The Gold hoarders are offering hefty rewards as well as the OOS and of course the Reaper will stop at nothing to loot your hideout!
      I think this might be a nice incentive for more voyages. and it will go on for just the duration of the season to keep things from getting too heavy.
      Thoughts are welcome!
    Views
  • No safe havens! Even with clues to get inside! Once discovered, it creates a not-fun bottleneck of camping versus escape attempts. Your home and base of operations always has been and always will be your mobile ship in this session-based Sea.

• @galactic-geek said in A secret hideout for your gold? hmmm...:

No safe havens! Even with clues to get inside! Once discovered, it creates a not-fun bottleneck of camping versus escape attempts. Your home and base of operations always has been and always will be your mobile ship in this session-based Sea.

Ok, think of it this way: if you follow the maps and clues to find the key and make it to someone's hideout that the Gold Hoarder /OOS/Reaper gives you, you open the hideout and collect the gold piles (Like in the GH vaults); you start picking up the gold that was stashed there. there will be no chests, or skulls as such, just gold that the pirate can take. The Gold Hoarder / OOS/Reaper will reward you with extra rep/renown and you keep what that pirate has been earning to spend for shops when you return to that trading Co.
    If by chance you do not make it back the the trading Co, you still get the gold, but do not gain Rep/Renown.
    So when you get the voyage, no-one will really know what you're up to unless they want to follow you to 8-10 islands looking for clues to the key and location of someone's hideout; the only map is held by the voyage taker, and the hideout will not be a safe haven, just a random vault that is assigned to a pirate.
    OR...Think of it this way: It's a long treasure hunt for another players gold but with extra Rep and Renown.
    Whew! that took some explaining didn't it?

• I like the idea of a player-created lair filled with treasure. Depending on how much agency players have to build out their traps and guard their haul, this could be super fun.

• @gipperseadog The only hideout i would like to see have to remain accessable only through the main menu like the Arena lobby.
    A big outpost with random crews and part of the activities there would be your own hideout, but never in Adventure Mode.

• @faceyourdemon
    Thanks for your reply! I guess my vision of this idea was a little too grandiose anyway.
    Cheers!

• @gipperseadog said in A secret hideout for your gold? hmmm...:

@galactic-geek said in A secret hideout for your gold? hmmm...:

No safe havens! Even with clues to get inside! Once discovered, it creates a not-fun bottleneck of camping versus escape attempts. Your home and base of operations always has been and always will be your mobile ship in this session-based Sea.

Ok, think of it this way: if you follow the maps and clues to find the key and make it to someone's hideout that the Gold Hoarder /OOS/Reaper gives you, you open the hideout and collect the gold piles (Like in the GH vaults); you start picking up the gold that was stashed there. there will be no chests, or skulls as such, just gold that the pirate can take. The Gold Hoarder / OOS/Reaper will reward you with extra rep/renown and you keep what that pirate has been earning to spend for shops when you return to that trading Co.
    If by chance you do not make it back the the trading Co, you still get the gold, but do not gain Rep/Renown.
    So when you get the voyage, no-one will really know what you're up to unless they want to follow you to 8-10 islands looking for clues to the key and location of someone's hideout; the only map is held by the voyage taker, and the hideout will not be a safe haven, just a random vault that is assigned to a pirate.
    OR...Think of it this way: It's a long treasure hunt for another players gold but with extra Rep and Renown.
    Whew! that took some explaining didn't it?

And where does all that gold come from? If it's from another pirate's personal stash, then that's an immediate non-starter.

• And where does all that gold come from? If it's from another pirate's personal stash, then that's an immediate non-starter.

No, no. its like this...
    so lets say i am gipperseadog, and i am on a voyage from GH/OOS/ Reaper. For every chest, skull, trinket i collect and turn in during the season, I get a small percent extra stashed into my secret vault hidden somewhere in the Sea of Thieves.
    YOU, Galactic Geek gets a special voyage to find my secret hideout, you follow the clues to where my hideout stash would be, and the key to open my hideout.
    If you find it and the key to my hideout, you can open my hideout door and proceed to take my gold piles. (There is only gold in my vault, and you collect it the same way as if you collect the gold piles in the GH vaults).
    If you make it back to the trading co you got the voyage from, you get the gold and the renown/reputation to spend at the Island shops.
    If you get sunk, you still get the gold, but not the renown/rep from the trading co.
    I hope that clears things up.
    Cheers!

Views
7 out of 8