Can we buy a crate of signal flares?

• I’m loving the new fireworks and the signal flares however there isn’t any way to get signal flares other than scuttling your ship.

Can we get a crate of signal flares?

The firebomb crate can hold 20 firebombs. A crate of 10 white flares and 10 red flares would be perfect. I would even pay double the amount of the firework crate for the crate of flares

Views
    questionfeedback
  • I'm open to this.

• @coffeelight5545

You could just buy fireworks 🎆

Lost Seafarer is one I'd think of as a friendly firework. Of course now that I've mentioned it someone's gonna use it as bait 🙄

• @CoffeeLight5545 said:

however there isn’t any way to get signal flares other than scuttling your ship.

I find flares out in the world all of the time!

• Typically I want less supplies available but for flares they could even just start people with more of them

Not really any significant advantage, don't cause imbalance, and I don't see it hurting anything if people set/start off a few extra flares

• I forgot - how many do you start with? Is it 2 each per barrel?

• @pithyrumble said in Can we buy a crate of signal flares?:

@coffeelight5545

You could just buy fireworks 🎆

Lost Seafarer is one I'd think of as a friendly firework. Of course now that I've mentioned it someone's gonna use it as bait 🙄

Flares are different than fireworks. Fireworks don’t light up the area. I buy fireworks all the time just to burn up the large amount of gold I have.

@galactic-geek I find flares all the time in the world but I only find one at a time. I use them up faster than I find them. Flares have been useful so I’m asking for a way of find flares faster

• I'm down for this. Wierd that they added a way to buy fireworks but not flares considering they were added in the same update.

• @coffeelight5545 said in Can we buy a crate of signal flares?:

however there isn’t any way to get signal flares other than scuttling your ship.

This is NOT true.

You can absolutely loot flares from barrels on islands and outposts. I think forts as well.

• @personalc0ffee said in Can we buy a crate of signal flares?:

@coffeelight5545 said in Can we buy a crate of signal flares?:

This is NOT true.

You can absolutely loot flares from barrels on islands and outposts. I think forts as well.

And other ships.

• I wish they would give us all the different flames of fate colors of flares. The FoTD would be just that much easier.

• @sweetsandman said in Can we buy a crate of signal flares?:

I wish they would give us all the different flames of fate colors of flares. The FoTD would be just that much easier.

I prefer the simplicity of it as is - ⚪️ to signal; 🔴 for danger.

• @galactic-geek I mean yeah you could still do that.

What I'm thinking is make a purchasable box called the Flares of Fate and you could buy it when you're about to do the FoTD to make taking down the waves of Shadows of Fate a cinch.

@galactic-geek I mean yeah you could still do that.

What I'm thinking is make a purchasable box called the Flares of Fate and you could buy it when you're about to do the FoTD to make taking down the waves of Shadows of Fate a cinch.

It's the Fort of the DAMNED - it's not supposed to be a walk in the park... 🙄

• @galactic-geek Lol as it is, it takes 20 minutes tops for a competent 2 man crew with base supplies. Let's not pretend it's actually hard. The hardest part is getting all the flame colors if they aren't already lit.

I think it would be a neat addition. Maybe it would even spark (pun!) a resurgence of people doing the FoTD.

IMO, the more per-session gold sinks there are, the better. Which is why I support OPs idea for sure.

@galactic-geek Lol as it is, it takes 20 minutes tops for a competent 2 man crew with base supplies. Let's not pretend it's actually hard. The hardest part is getting all the flame colors if they aren't already lit.

I think it would be a neat addition. Maybe it would even spark (pun!) a resurgence of people doing the FoTD.

IMO, the more per-session gold sinks there are, the better. Which is why I support OPs idea for sure.

20 minutes with 2 crew and base supplies? I've never seen a FotD completed in under 30.

[…] > IMO, the more per-session gold sinks there are, the better. Which is why I support OPs idea for sure.

Not really a gold sink if it's used for starting a FotD really quick.

• @galactic-geek I mean I don't think my buddy and I are PvE sweat lords but maybe we are lol... Blunderbuss/Cutlass and a little understanding of the layout/mechanics of the FoTD and it's super easy. I mean there's Galleon crews that do it in under 10 minutes with no extra supplies. If you've got an ammo crate and a couple Disney sticks, it's even faster.

@Lem0n-Curry I mean the Fireworks serve almost no purpose and people are dropping quite a bit of gold on them. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

• @galactic-geek said in Can we buy a crate of signal flares?:

@sweetsandman said in Can we buy a crate of signal flares?:

@galactic-geek Lol as it is, it takes 20 minutes tops for a competent 2 man crew with base supplies. Let's not pretend it's actually hard. The hardest part is getting all the flame colors if they aren't already lit.

20 minutes with 2 crew and base supplies? I've never seen a FotD completed in under 30.

With my regular 4 man back in the day, we did one in 15 or 20. But that is REALLY hard to do. You have to really try hard it and be on the ball. I would imagine with some of the tridents, you could do it faster these days.

I wish they would give us all the different flames of fate colors of flares. The FoTD would be just that much easier.

When we run Reaper, we use the red signal when we are on the attack. It's kind of a warning but not really. We call it the obligatory murder flare

That being said by the time you've seen it, it's already almost too late by design.

The signal flares DON’T make shadow skeletons exposed. I have tested this and confirmed it to be true.

If Rare gives us any signal flares that match the flame of fates they won’t expose the skeletons. The FOTD is easy enough as it is.

• @coffeelight5545 Signal flares 100% work on the regular shadow skeletons from like a skeleton fort, FoF, or any Bounty voyage. I have tested this several times with my crewmate.

They do not (currently) work on the Flame of Fate skeletons at the FoTD and Thieves Haven Runs, unfortunately. It'd be pretty cool if they did, though.

• @personalc0ffee I will admit to not having done a FotD in a while - long before tridents were introduced.

• @personalc0ffee said in Can we buy a crate of signal flares?:

@galactic-geek said in Can we buy a crate of signal flares?:

When we run Reaper, we use the red signal when we are on the attack. It's kind of a warning but not really. We call it the obligatory murder flare

That being said by the time you've seen it, it's already almost too late by design.

Red (🔴) = Danger. I never stated where that danger was coming from... 😈

• @sweetsandman I suppose I'll have to see for myself then, with multiple pirates giving different answers to the the same scenario. One of you is lying or mistaken, and I intend to find out who. 🕵‍♂️

• @sweetsandman

Last time I tested the flares, they didn’t work on normal shadow skeletons. It’s possible that Rare could have changed it since I last tested it.

Even so, Rare isn’t going to make flares that expose shadow of fate skeletons. Honestly I hope they don’t. My original post is a partition to help convince Rare to let us buy signal flares. The flares help light up an area at night. That’s what I want

Fireworks are better for signaling a crew that danger is here as they explode in mid air and create noise. You can’t hear a flare. At best you can see them.

Yes flares can be found in the world in barrels and other crews ship but you can just buy a crate of 25 fireworks at one time. All I’m asking is for a way to get flares quickly similar to how we can buy resources for our ships

@galactic-geek I mean I don't think my buddy and I are PvE sweat lords but maybe we are lol... Blunderbuss/Cutlass and a little understanding of the layout/mechanics of the FoTD and it's super easy. I mean there's Galleon crews that do it in under 10 minutes with no extra supplies. If you've got an ammo crate and a couple Disney sticks, it's even faster.

@Lem0n-Curry I mean the Fireworks serve almost no purpose and people are dropping quite a bit of gold on them. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Somehow I read a previous message as there would be coloured flares that light up the Flames of Fate … not vanquish them easier.

Still not in favour as the FotD skellies need different colours and not just light; as it gives a nice pay-out, you gotta work for it, but don't mind a good price for some flares in a case without extra uses than they have currently.

• Can we please get back on topic?

I don’t care about the Fort of the Dammed or adding different color flares. I want the ability to purchase signal flares from the merchant alliance.

I feel we should get a crate of signal flares containing 10 flares in total (5 red and 5 white) for 20,000 gold in a crate that can hold 20 flares maximum

• Here is a video demonstrating the need for signal flares.

Hopefully this helps give us the option to buy signal flares

20 minutes and definitely not a min maxed run. Definitely doable.

• Come to think of it, one of the load screens even implies these should be available for purchase alongside fireworks. Maybe it was just an oversight?

• @redeyesith said in Can we buy a crate of signal flares?:

Come to think of it, one of the load screens even implies these should be available for purchase alongside fireworks. Maybe it was just an oversight?

I sincerely hope so. Signal flares are so helpful

Views
questionfeedback
32 out of 33