Ship cranes

• Basically a two pulley operated elevator platform placed on your ship - one pulley for height and the other for direction.

To make cargo onloading and offloading a bit easier. Dock the ship, put the cargo on the crane, carry it over the dock and lower down for easy access!

Keep your rum safe and unbroken. Move it gently without jumping. Be the merchant you want to meet!

Views
  • All due respect, I don't see any tactical use for the crane in this sense other than role playing, honestly. Besides, Isn't that what rowboats are for?

• @nyanbonecrush aaand? It's not. Think harder. xoxo

• @strejdapsychop think harder? Not sure how being very unhelpful will make anyone see the good in your idea.

• @strejdapsychop said in Ship cranes:

@nyanbonecrush aaand? It's not. Think harder. xoxo

Hmm... Wait! WHAT IF IT WAS FOR... FISHING!!! Attach a net on that bad boy, and haul all the splashtails!!!

• @nyanbonecrush netfishing is entirely separate idea whatsoever. But a cool one, yeah.

• @ninja-naranja accessing rowboat and accessing lowered platform are 2 different things mostly considering the need to climb up in the rowboat, jumping over railing back into ship, etc. Having the elevator tech already in the game means we can start thinking about other uses and placements.

• Personally not a fan of the idea - seems like too complex of an idea for too narrow of an issue that's already solved via other, more manageable means.

• Cranes don't belong on pirate ships, they belong on the docks.

• I can see it as being useful in a sense, but my crew already places the loot on the nose of the ship and just drops it off onto the dock below once we get to the outpost. I don’t see it as being a game changer.

An option I found slightly intriguing is the option to sell all your loot without unloading it for a decreased value, basically paying the people at the outpost to unload for you. It would take some time to offload so you wouldn’t be able to just swing through if being chased a sell quickly, but it would be quicker than manually selling.

But honestly, the way it is right now I think is good.

Views
9 out of 10