Box of secrets Title

• The box of secrets is one of the most "end game" items there is, it takes many hours to find and only spawns in the devils roar, an area with sometimes difficult PvE and an increased PvP chance if you're spotted. Although the 25k gold isn't bad, its not worth the effort considering the fact that you can make well over 25k grinding out almost any other voyage or world event in an equal amount of time, this turns the box into a achievement (and an excuse for bragging rights) so why not give players who find the box a title so they can show off there efforts?

Views
  • There really should be at least a commendation and title for finding and turning it in.

• @Bg-Steel8304
    "Hoarder of Secrets" May be a sufficient name.

• @bg-steel8304 @ninja-naranja Are we sure we want that? This might end up like the complaints on the rarity of the shrouded ghost and "Commendations locked behind rng" (but at least the complaints would be less abundant than the shrouded's because the box is much more common than the ghost)

Besides that, though, I can't think of another reason that it might not work, unless the game hasn't already been tracking the amount of boxes you've sold before the commendation exists- in which case everyone would start from zero. I haven't turned in any myself, but a title like "Keeper of Secrets" would sound pretty awesome.

• I don't really see a reason to make the Box of Wondrous Secrets a title or/and achievement.

The Box of Wondrous Secrets is in fact (I think) the second rarest item in the game that you can find, this is because the spawn rate of the Box of Wondrous Secrets is super low.
    If you couple something with a super low RNG, then eventually you can't put any more effort into it to achieve the title and you can't really describe the title as effortful anymore, but as lucky.

Of course you could go on searching infinitely for the Box of Wondrous Secret, by going to all the islands every time in the devils roar and then you could mabye call it effortful, but because it is so rare most players will find the Box of Wondrous Secret by accident and for that reason the value of the title will be even less effortful.

What I do think is a fun and good idea is to show the number of the Box of Wondrous Secrets you have sold in your overview of the year or to your profile overview on the Sea of Thieves website.

• If they have the data to make it retroactive then it doesn't much matter to me

adding that so late in the game when someone like me has 4 of them without those counting will make it more odd than useful

It's entirely luck based and the second most rare thing in the game. Leaving out long time players and winners of a lottery for a new peacocking thing wouldn't make any sense to me at all.

• @mr-whaletoes I’m not one complaining about the Shrouded commendation. I feel that complaint is unwarranted really due to just the abundance of grindy commendations in the game. Most people will never finish them all anyways.

• I always wondered why there weren’t commendations around this. If the Shrouded Ghost has one, why not the Box?

• This would be fine by me, though I agree it should be retroactive (never turned one in myself, but I feel those who have should get the credit if this is added). I imagine that the Title would sound pretty cool too honestly.

• @jtye-b said in Box of secrets Title:

If you couple something with a super low RNG, then eventually you can't put any more effort into it to achieve the title and you can't really describe the title as effortful anymore, but as lucky.

And what is the problem with that?

• @ollieoxenfree said in Box of secrets Title:

I always wondered why there weren’t commendations around this. If the Shrouded Ghost has one, why not the Box?

Because it's a secret... 🤫

• No please don't getting the box is not a challenge or an accomplishment it is a pure RNG event adding another commendation alongside the Shrouded Ghost that just serves to annoy completionists.

Enjoy getting it and take all the screenshots in the world but please don't add another RNG commendation that requires thousands of hours of unfun gameplay to attempt to complete.

• @ninja-naranja that does not mean it is fair to make it unfun for those of us that are trying to finish them all.

• @nitroxien well I’m sorry to break it to you, but you’ll never get 5 shrouded ghosts. Adding rewards for special events such as this only help reward players for finding them.

• @ninja-naranja yeah but does not mean we need more worthless commendations that require 0 skill to get whatsoever than grind for hours. And a reward is for an accomplishment getting the box is not an accomplishment it is pure luck. Everyone here asking for it has it already lets say those did not count lets see how many would still be in favor.

• @nitroxien I personally have never seen the box, but I’d love for there to be a reward for it.

Views
15 out of 16