Timing out while shopping Emporium

• This is a long-standing issue that keeps catching me off guard while perusing the pirate emporium - getting disconnected because shopping apparently isn't an activity. (Lazybeard = inactivity).

What's worse, inactivity timeouts preserve no session for one to immediately rejoin so their ship and all that went along with it is lost too. All because they got caught up looking at baubles.. ouch.

Arrr please fix, thanks

Views
    feedback
  • You can always shop in the emporium from the front menu. I know it’s a annoying but at least this has a workaround.

• Unfortunately, if there were no timeouts in any of the shops it would be exploited to keep a server up indefinitely by having players idling in the shop menu.

• How long are you shopping tho? Seems weird to spend more than a few moments in the shop. 3min tops.

As above said. Shop from the main menu.

• I legit thought you were talking in the main menu here and I was confused as hell.
    No, of course not, cause as it was already stipulated it leaves an open for an exploit.
    And not only that but if you have a way to bypass timeouts then there's no point in having a timeout in the first place (kinda)

• Since this is a sandbox game, it seems appropriate if one decides to take a break from adventuring (but not log out to a main screen) and take one's time browsing the Emporium while not expecting to be timed out.
    If you're looking at only 1 shop screen for 10 minutes, sure, that person is inactive, kick em, but if you're flipping through the dozens of pages for 10 minutes, that shouldn't.
    (So this wouldn't be any more exploitable than anything else.)

• @skal-e-waag
    I agree. While you shouldn't really be in the Emporium for long enough to idle, You are still sending inputs to the game, so you ideally should be protected from LazyBeards. It doesn't have to create a way to work around the lazybeard, only for those in shops/menus/emporium don't find themselves kicked even though they were interacting with the game.

Views
feedback
4 out of 7